Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right side of motor there is 2 plug lookin things w slots looks like a flat head would fit, one is leaking oil only when bike is being rode, tried tightning w flathead did not turn whats up

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
he's talking about the two screw-like caps in the pulse cover. these plugs are use to give access to the crank and some marking to do a proper valve adjustment (you manually spin the crank to expose appropriate valve buckets).

to the OP:

Unscrew the two caps (they have threads) and make sure there is no sand in them, maybe change the little rubber o-rings, re tighten. good luck

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Do you know if the bike has ever been dropped on that side? I saw one once where there was a hairline crack near the plug and you could only see it in direct sunlight. It leaked oil thru that small crack.

·
Registered
48 Posts
One of my good friends is a master Kawasaki tech and he told me that it has just been discovered that the timing plugs were not sufficiently tightened at the factory. Just tighten them up and see if they stop leaking. If that does not work replace the o-rings. Kawasaki has not issued a recall but they have instructed all Kawasaki techs to tighten the plugs when working on these bikes.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
right side of motor there is 2 plug lookin things w slots looks like a flat head would fit, one is leaking oil only when bike is being rode, tried tightning w flathead did not turn whats up
this is the 3rd time in just a few days a Newbie posted technical stuff in the ZX10R section and have to move to the proper Forum....please get to know the site before starting Threads....nice guy stuff is over right now No free passes.... you will get an Infraction on this site for tracking purposes.

bloo

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow

sorry didnt know it was that serious, ill pay better attention next time officer...shouldve got another 14

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
sorry didnt know it was that serious, ill pay better attention next time officer...shouldve got another 14
It's not serious at all.....but if you don't respect that moderators have to clean up around guys like you and have no respect where to start threads as a Newbie then it does get serious....not for us but the Newbie. :wink:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
lol this is a very good site dont do it again or im going to take off my belt welcome bama~guy:eek:ccasion1:lol: bloo:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
lol this is a very good site dont do it again or im going to take off my belt welcome bama~guy:eek:ccasion1:lol: bloo:thumbsup:
No need....Infraction given for tracking. :wink:

bloo

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts

Not a great way to start out here bro. :headshake

Bloo is a cool dude, just doing his job and newbs do tend to not read up on the

rules here and post wherever and the mods have to clean it up.

So please don't bust his chops about it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok well I took the plug out put new o rings in and its still leaking very embarrassing I boogered the plug up I've took it out and in so much so I'm thinking now I need to order the plug and o rings oem where can I get them besides dealership the o rings I was using come from advanced auto part's lol dont think they fit perfect

1 - 14 of 14 Posts