Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a chart from a guy locally with a 05 MV, gutted mid pipe (removed cat), PC & BMC Race filter.
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63

All of this power and extremely lower gearing give the MV the apperance of more power than the 10r. THe MV only does 86mph in first gear while the 10r does 107mph, much much lower gearing.

He didn't go to my tuner and you can tell by how unsmooth his chart is...can't believe he got a custom map with a chart having dips like that...bad $$$ spent IMO.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
yea good numbers for sure.. if you can keep the bike planted on the ground it would be faster no doubt..I'm amazed at the tallness of the gearing on this zx10 every time I roll on with someone..It doesn't really start cooking til third gear..(the zx10) if you were a fast rider on that MV you could be out several bike lengths already..

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
well get somebody to race you on a 10R....Id like to know what happens!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
but he has the :cool: cool factor now.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The MV wont wheelie, has so much forward weight bias it doesnt want to wheelie and crashes down pretty hard when wheelied. I keep trying to wheelie it though, wheelies are fun...huh huh

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought it would wheelie due to out right power but it struggles to get the bike up. I guess I just dont ahve the timing down on it yet. I need to know where to hit it so there is torque, etc.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
so do you have your 10 still or not.....if not are you just teasing us by sticking around talking about your MV knowing that we can't really discuss it with you that much.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
I hate to be the one that refers back to the magazines, but.....

In the British test with all 5 literbikes, the MV made more power than all of them, but was SLOW in the 1/4 and around the track (comparitive terms here....slow is measured in .1 seconds)

And now the GSXR also makes a buttload more HP but somehow in the Motorcyclist test this year, the ZX still pulled off the fastest 1/4 and was only 1/10 or 2 behind around the track (the Suzuki does have a little bit of high RPM advantage over us....)

Though, if I had the money for the MV, I'd have one too....BEAUTIFUL Bike!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sold the 10 MAVRIK, but I like you guys here better than the MV guys...so I hang here because we are 'peoples'

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dogbone said:
I hate to be the one that refers back to the magazines, but.....

In the British test with all 5 literbikes, the MV made more power than all of them, but was SLOW in the 1/4 and around the track (comparitive terms here....slow is measured in .1 seconds)

And now the GSXR also makes a buttload more HP but somehow in the Motorcyclist test this year, the ZX still pulled off the fastest 1/4 and was only 1/10 or 2 behind around the track (the Suzuki does have a little bit of high RPM advantage over us....)

Though, if I had the money for the MV, I'd have one too....BEAUTIFUL Bike!
The MV is some 39lbs heavier than the other bikes so it is slow in some regards.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts