Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All they think the job is these days is to wright tickets! No I didn't get a ticket... I ran out of gas the meter said I used 4.2 gallons and Kawasaki says its a 4.5 gallon tank. My bad. But while pushing my bike like a jackals a cop passed me! Then I made it to a circle K that doesn't sell gas and the lady at the counter wouldn't let me use the phone (mine was dead, this has been a bad night). So I went out into the parking lot and about 20 min later another cop pulled in and I asked if I could use a phone because I ran out of gas. After telling this b!tch it was to call my father who is a lieutenant for the fire department she declined to help me what so ever and just got her coffee and went on to continue her life of stealing money from people who are just doing things they do everyday. (Hypocrite) finally after a few more people denied having phones a guy on a motorcycle was passing by and I waved him over and like some form of kindness that seems to not exist anymore he had a phone and no problem with letting me borrow it. And that's why anyone who doesn't ride can suck it!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I was at work and no phone charger and the running out of gas thing well that was my bad. I even have $170 in my wallet. But I have never ran out of gas with any bike or car this bike gets me with just 600miles on the clock. Also at 300 I had a nail and got to buy a new tire and the tank fairings are coming apart. I think my bike hates me which sucks because I really like really love this bike.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ride using the trip meter and never go over 100 miles. Seems to work for me. :dontknow:

·
The Pace
6,988 Posts
geez, the pantie was sceered. Why wouldn't the store guy let ya make a land line call?

Anyway, you did the RIGHT thing to WAVE the rider.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 600 light comes on at 140 every time no matter how I ride. This bike seems like it comes on when it feels like from 110 to 150 and I have been nothing but easy since it was on break in.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I used to be a MP in the military and do not hate law enforcement but it does seem that today many leos are not as concerned with helping out the general public. I see a lot of stupid things out on the street every day many times happening right in front of a cop that go unchecked. Many seem to have the arrogant attitude that they are above the general public although they do have to walk on eggshells when dealing with criminals because it seems that criminals have more rights. Recently my wife was pulling in a parking space when a woman in the car next to her opens her door wide open right into the side of my wifes car. The cop said he was not assigning blame that it would be up to the ins. companies but then put my wife down as car 1 which is implied the one at fault. The cop did a half a$$ job which now is causing us problems getting the claim resolved and may have to go to court. We have pics that show my wife had no chance of avoiding the accident and that the other woman had to open her door just about all the way before it hit the side of my wifes car.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I always reset my trip meter every time I get gas.
And keep it on that mode on the speedo so I know when to refuel.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
I know how frustaring that can be, but just because of 1 individual not letting you use his phone, you can't go publically stating you hate the police.

2nd ALWAYS fill up before going home, ALWAYS. That way you know you have a full tank for your next ride and always fill up when it nears a 1/4 tank. Just like a car, you shouldn't let it get to empty.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
do not hate law enforcement but it does seem that today many leos are not as concerned with helping out the general public. I see a lot of stupid things out on the street every day many times happening right in front of a cop that go unchecked. Many seem to have the arrogant attitude that they are above the general public although they do have to walk on eggshells when dealing with criminals because it seems that criminals have more rights.
Definately agree. Although, I will say that not all cops are like this, just alot of them. I think alot of it has to do with the crappy pay they recieve, since you get what you pay for, but that's more due to our bad economy and political state.
Also it's likely the kind of people and circumstances they find themselves dealing with day to day, i.e. crackheads, wife beaters, etc. They must have a very thick skin to do this, and probably wind up being pretty jaded by it.
I have definately had my share of bad ones personally, and it does suck, but I find that MOST of the time if you are respectful and honest with them, they are usually a little more humane with you (atleast in my experiences with them).
Everyone has bad days though, where it seems that nothing goes right and almost everyone brings something negative to the table. On those days, I tend to just try and get through 'em unscathed, make it home, and start fresh the next day.

Good to hear the fellow biker stopped to help. Gotta look out for each other.

Btw OP, did your gas light not come on after using about 3.5 gallons from a full tank? Should have plenty of miles to find gas after that, before running it empty...
And yeah, reset the meter after every fill too.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
This seems more like a 'why humanity makes me sad' than an 'I hate the police' type story.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I can post these all day. My point is what good are they any more! They act like the only thing they need to do is arrest people and that IS NOT what being a cop is about. My brother is in the airforce and was on his way home after spending almost a year over seas and was pulled over with 10 other cars and the cop wrote him a ticket for 10 over in the interstate! Thats a real nice way of saying thanks for risking your life for the counrty that pays me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree that not all cops are bad but unfortunatly it seems that the percentage of good cops is on a steady decline.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
so you don't feel that helping the public is part of an on duty police officers job? If not then what is.
There can be a lot of reasons why he didn't help. Maybe he didn't want his cell# to come up when you would use it, maybe his dept had issues and were counseled on what prompts an life threatening emergency, maybe he just didn't' care, but it was HIM who was not helping, not the police. Sorry bro, the other vids you posted about The NAZI REGIME is not related in any shape or form to one individual not giving you his cell to make a call. That is being prejudiced, biased and categorizing.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Static, I would never have figured you to be pro police. Kinda blew my mind.
Lets just say I have family and friends who are Cops and LE (and respect them and those who do their job, in any feild) and not exacly pro anything. HOWEVER when a LE abuses their power and acts like an Adolph Hitler/Fascist/THE NAZI REGIME etc, trust me, I spread some serious and harsh NAZI REGIME proganda 1,000 time over all over the net in every facet my net connection allows me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts