Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is how come dealers dont really cut prices on R1's. I bought my 10 for 9K otd last september, right now I couldnt steal an 06' R1 for under 10K. Is there really that much demand on R1's? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
briscobrad11 said:
Is there really that much demand on R1's? :dontknow:

Yes, seems to be the same with gixr 1ks up here in Seattle also.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My local dealer has atleast 4 06' R1s in stock, but they will only offer $500 off with a crapload of dealer fee's.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yes!

When I called the Yami dealer in late 04 to see if they had any R1's left, the fellow that answered the phone said "yes"... and if you think that means we're dealing the answer is no. :badteeth:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
The R1 and the GSXR1000 seem to be the bikes of choice for the squids who gotta have the latest thing (even if they don't know how to ride).

One of the factors that got me onto the ZX10R (over the also-then-new R1) was that even though the MSRP was within a couple hundred bucks, the ZX10R ended up being a couple grand less expensive.

·
Registered
223 Posts
circusnuts said:
Yes!

When I called the Yami dealer in late 04 to see if they had any R1's left, the fellow that answered the phone said "yes"... and if you think that means we're dealing the answer is no. :badteeth:
I went buy coleman's in Falls Church in Sept 05 and they were selling 05 R1s for 9500 before taxes. On the other hand you could go to MFI and buy a new 05 ZX10 for 8700 before taxes, but they did change the body for 06.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
MyZuC said:
I went buy coleman's in Falls Church in Sept 05 and they were selling 05 R1s for 9500 before taxes. On the other hand you could go to MFI and buy a new 05 ZX10 for 8700 before taxes, but they did change the body for 06.
I've dealt a lot with Cycle Sport in Alexandria. They're fair with the prices and overall a good group of guys. MFI - forgetaboutit! Those guys have the best prices as long you're looking for Kawai or Honda (except for the RC51 for some reason).

I really liked my 2003 R6 and I do very much like the new R1 (would probably go that route if I had to buy today).

**Back to the thread. As far as R1's go, I'd wait for the 07's (6 piston front calipers and their new 4 valve heads... and cool easy way to swap-out the air filter) or buy this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-YZF-R1-Limited-Edition-2006-RARE-50th-Anniversary-Yamaha-R1-LE-Low-Miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50053QQihZ008QQitemZ180037911520QQrdZ1

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
briscobrad11 said:
My question is how come dealers dont really cut prices on R1's. I bought my 10 for 9K otd last september, right now I couldnt steal an 06' R1 for under 10K. Is there really that much demand on R1's? :dontknow:
Definitely, pull into anyplace you see sportbikes and all you see are gixxers and R1's. More popular=more demand=better resale value=less wiggle room when buying..

Gixxers win on Sunday sell on Monday
and Yamaha is not doing badly in WSBK, AMA Superstock and Supersport

When I was looking to buy a new bike aside from looks I was looking for price. the 05 Kawai prices had fallen through the floor..05, 9,000 otd in september of 05 in california..I figured I could cut a deal on an 06 Kawai in Feb of 06 and thought I got a great deal at 11,200.00 I made an error in judgement ,:rolleyes: , thought the 06 would be much more popular, better get that Solar Yellow before their gone...now the floor has fallen out and I see ads for 10,000 otd..:dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
TL1000s said:
Definitely, pull into anyplace you see sportbikes and all you see are gixxers and R1's. More popular=more demand=better resale value=less wiggle room when buying..

Gixxers win on Sunday sell on Monday
and Yamaha is not doing badly in WSBK, AMA Superstock and Supersport

When I was looking to buy a new bike aside from looks I was looking for price. the 05 Kawai prices had fallen through the floor..05, 9,000 otd in september of 05 in california..I figured I could cut a deal on an 06 Kawai in Feb of 06 and thought I got a great deal at 11,200.00 I made an error in judgement ,:rolleyes: , thought the 06 would be much more popular, better get that Solar Yellow before their gone...now the floor has fallen out and I see ads for 10,000 otd..:dontknow:
I agree...good news for Kawi owners or want to be one, is we know a great bike at a good price to boot...it's like a good kept secret so thank all the others jumping on the band wagon with other manufacturers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Nice deal.
I know that I could pull a great deal on the 06 10R. As for the post goes any smart buyer knowing the value of a dollar you wait and buy at the end of the year when the deals are to be had. Yamaha and Suzuki are the most stolen and wrecked bikes and lets keep it that way in my opinion. They are all good bikes but when the $$$$$$ (dollar) makes sence and performence is thier like our 10Rs have been its a no brainer. Another thing the R1 hasent changed in three models and continues to get poor reviews. I wouldn't buy one not any time soon and Suzukis GSXR well it and the 10R are neck and neck but the 06 10R gets no respect at least around Vegas.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
It depends on where you are located. Its not yammi cutting the deals its the dealerships. It depends if they dealers are buying them from yamaha or if they are leasing them until they are sold

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Yeap, here in Clovis/ Fresno a kawasaki is a rare breed, alot of R1 $ GSXR. I bought my 05 10R new too..There's something about the green that I can't say no too.:dontknow:

·
Registered
11 Posts
9400 OTD i call bullshit i sell bikes and every dealer get them 4 the same price and black were the first ones 2 go . yellow shit i still got one and dealer cost is $9669 + fees

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
This is their 1st "out" when you get there and they start raising the price-

....CALL 888-613-3330 FOR AVAILABILITY BEFORE YOU COME. INVENTORY CHANGES DAILY.......

but hey, it's in an advertisement so it MUST be true.

To their credit, they don't seem to be playing the '"stk #123456, one vehicle at this price game."

And 84 payments at 0% sounds nice if your gonna finance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts