Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When someone gets pulled over and the officer is walking up to the vehicle, why do they ALWAYS touch the tail light or back quarter panel? Always noticed it and never thought to ask

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
They are leaving their finger prints on the vehicle in case they get killed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
wiping off the donut sugar:wink:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Actually the trunk thing is correct.

They are trained to touch the trunk to make sure if its closed all the way because you "never know" if its a setup and someone it going to pop out of the trunk.

Sounds like overkill, but thats why they do it.

·
Registered
774 Posts

They are trained to touch the trunk to make sure if its closed all the way because you "never know" if its a setup and someone it going to pop out of the trunk.

well with the inside trunk releases nowadays a lotta good that'll do

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
From my academy days, the trunk check was due to specific instances of officer ambush that the tactics instructors researched and incorporated into traffic stop tactics training. Fingerprints may be a secondary, but unintentional benefit. That's because an officer usually has already spoken his location to communications prior to contact.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts

Yeah, but why touch it if it's for security sake? If someone is indeed there, it may be too late :dontknow:

·
Registered
825 Posts
So what if it's a rear engine job,like a Porsche or Vw,do they walk to the front and check there:dontknow:

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Kinda off the subject, but looks like we've reached the end of intelligent discussion on the trunk tap. ("what if, what if, what if...) Anyway, i saw a silver unmarked 4-door infiniti had someone pulled over on the interstate the other day. I mean really nice car with abslolutely no marking, blacked out windows, pretty car. I was thinking i'd have a hard time pulling over on the side of the highway for this car. I've always heard if you feel it is unsafe to pull over, turn on hazards and continue at or below legal speed until you find a place to pull over. Anyone know if that applies to unknown identity of law enforcement? It happens all the time someone impersonating leo's and jacking cars or worse. So will i make the news and go to jail for looking for a very public place to pull off?

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Kinda off the subject, but looks like we've reached the end of intelligent discussion on the trunk tap. ("what if, what if, what if...) Anyway, i saw a silver unmarked 4-door infiniti had someone pulled over on the interstate the other day. I mean really nice car with abslolutely no marking, blacked out windows, pretty car. I was thinking i'd have a hard time pulling over on the side of the highway for this car. I've always heard if you feel it is unsafe to pull over, turn on hazards and continue at or below legal speed until you find a place to pull over. Anyone know if that applies to unknown identity of law enforcement? It happens all the time someone impersonating leo's and jacking cars or worse. So will i make the news and go to jail for looking for a very public place to pull off?
prob not. and yes there are some sneaky sneaky cars out there. if you are seriously in that nuch doubt, simply call your local emergency number, and tell the dispatcher where you are and they can generally find out who the officer is within a reasonable time. however not all agencies use the same comm-center so in soem instances it may take a while, but you should be good with the flashers, adjusted speed and so on. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts