Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question but if the exhaust valve gives you low and midrange back-pressure and its perfectly tuned why would you want to disconnect it unless your getting a full system. What are the advantages of it with or without a slip on. Shouldnt you just advance the timing because the factory retards that anyway?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I dissabled mine case some dude Dynoed his and got a 1hp gain in the mid range, and its louder at pre5K. Or was that the de-cating the muffler...I cant remember now, but I did both!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Greenhornet said:
1hp gain in the mid range, whats about the rest of the powerband?
Stayed the same as before.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Like Hilly, I have my valve disconnected, my cat gutted, and one large hole drilled through the baffeling. Talk about a mean sounding bike now!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I thought the dyno showed no gain? I will disconnect mine for the dyno run next weekend and report back to you all. The tuner said it is mostly for noise no performance gains just noise. I'm beginning to think my hindle is too quiet anyhow. I will get back with you all.
Tuner trying to talk me into getting the Hindle deaders...I will be pricing them today from parts unlimited. I think they are $490 which is by no means in the budget at this time.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Greenhornet said:
Quick question but if the exhaust valve gives you low and midrange back-pressure and its perfectly tuned why would you want to disconnect it unless your getting a full system. What are the advantages of it with or without a slip on. Shouldnt you just advance the timing because the factory retards that anyway?

Mine is still functional... Plenty of power for street riding. :wink:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
No time to check header prices, but might try and make a quick call...scripting all day and meetings...YUCK

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It is my opinion that the valve is ONLY there for noise.

I had disabled mine with my Micron and was very happy.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I told a guy about it when he was drag racing his 10r. He said he noticed better midrange power. He also had a leo vince slip-on, pcIII.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
With working with a bunch of runs, then he disconnected and noticed more mid range.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
someone did a back to back dyno here and saw nothing...but the dyno is not always the tell tale end of all ends either.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
MAVRIK said:
Mavrik,

Are you missing the Alphanumeric section of your keyboard?

I do not think i have seen you post anything but +1 +2

Come on throw in a word or 2 every now and then?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Sorry To Have Touched A Nerve Of Your Crispin, In The Future I Will Refrain From The Numbers And Spell It Out...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts