Votes: 81 65.3%
  • other

Votes: 18 14.5%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the few threads that have been posted lately with guys gettin different bikes or gettin ninjas, I was just curious as to why you guys picked the zx10?

Me: maybe a dumb reason, but it was the only bike i felt comfortable on. the cbr was close, but it just wasnt right. the kawi has always been a good fit.
Now that i own the 10, i am very happy with it. we are like the outcasts kinda.
gixer guys are pretty much the same and the way people think of them is spot on. when you tell other riders you ride a zx10, they all kinda give the same response, wether it be some trash talking or a simple head nod, they all have a certain fear/respect for the bike.
so just curious why you guys choose the beast i have come to love?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
Honda's=eat oil like a fat kid loves cake
Suzuki's=do I even need to say anything...but I will, there frames suck plain and simple
Yamaha's=I won't say anything but "2009 r1" hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Kawasaki's=not a problem yet and turn 7000+ today and is a freaking beast...Haven't had to many bikes see the front if you catch my drift....

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I fell in love with the 10 in 04 when I first sat on one, dreamed about it for 3 years till I finally bought an 07 10, always wanted an all black one, now that I have it(I love it) I want a green one too, maybe an 08, anyone want an 07 6r? LOL she's gotta go, no love for a 6 anymore, that 10 spoils you big time.

Back on topic, why would you want anything else, my bikes fairly stock(race baffles, cat eliminator, pc3 with generic map) and I've got close to 100 lbs on everyone I ride with, no one pulls on me, I don't pull on them neither but for my weight I'm happy with that. Now that modding season is here again, next year will be a different story.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I love Yamaha's but they just aren't made for drag racing. I like to be a little different and couldn't bring myself to ride a Suzuki. After I was scowering for a bike, I just happened upon this one and I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I think one moto mag put it great when they were testing it out on the track .... "this bike has so much power it eats rear tires for breakfast". 2nd gen ZX10R

·
All show and all go 10r
5,932 Posts
I bought mine after I lowsided my 01 gsxr 750(hit sand in a backroad) and wanted to buy a brand new bike. It wasn't my first pick but I took the plung simply on price at $10500cad otd. I've grown to love it more than any other bike because parts are way cheaper than other manufactures such as the frame, I rarely see another one, handling, and power. It took a while but the looks have grown on me as well and I find it to be one of the better looking bike around. I am curious to see the 2011 10r because I read somewhere kawi was actually going to step up to the plate in sbk and run one hell of a bike.

·
Banned
2,887 Posts
I got my 1st ZX10 in 2004 for the only reason is every bike at the track was on GSXR and I wanted to show these guys that a Suzuki was not the only bike on the planet! Ohh yeah then I handed them there asses on my ZX10 :thefinger

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Honda's=eat oil like a fat kid loves cake
Suzuki's=do I even need to say anything...but I will, there frames suck plain and simple
Yamaha's=I won't say anything but "2009 r1" hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Kawasaki's=not a problem yet and turn 7000+ today and is a freaking beast...Haven't had to many bikes see the front if you catch my drift....
:+1::spit:

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was on my way to buy a 1000RR when I got a call from my buddy saying he knew someone selling a 10R cheap. I figured I'd take a look and see what happened.

$2800 later I was riding my 05 10r with 6k miles on it home. I still have love for Honda, but Kawi will always be my first choice now.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The green has always appealed to me. And cuz of that I bought a '93 ZX7R back in '94. Loved every minute of it. Later sold it (mistake) and always wanted to get another Kawi. When the 10 came out, I was actually saving for the '04 , so when I had enough cash the '06 was already out, and the rest is history. :mrgreen:

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
first bike was a 93 cbr600f2, it was the bike to have back then. learned to ride on it and really liked the bike. 2nd bike was a '98 gsx-r750. worked at a suzuki dealership at the time, and at the time was the bike ot have, first year for fuel injection, great handling, transmission, etc. did my first track days on it and i guess that was the time i started coming into my own with improving my skills. currently i have the '08 10. all my friends from the old shop had moved to the kaw dealership and a lot of the old heads always liked the power of the kawis but they always lacked handling, and other differences. fortunately for me the timing was right when i was ready to buy another bike. i almost got the 2nd gen and saw the new one online. glad i waited, i love this bike. it does everything i want it to do. power, handling, brakes it does it all. best part too, i dont pass myslef on the road all the time either. ditto on the comment about th kind of auora the 10 has. you can see it on peole when you tell them what you ride. very little trash talking, much respect. looks like i will be keeping this one for a while.

·
Funshine Bear
2,684 Posts
My first bike was an '02 zx6r. I loved it, rode it everywhere and neer had a problem. Read a lot on the first gen 10s and was going to get one. Sat on the yellow second gen with carbon akras and the rest is history. I have rode a lot of other bike like the gixxers and the honda liter bikes and none compare. I just fit on the kawi.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.