Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

As the title states I am wondering if anyone knows why the aspect ratio changed from 50 to 55 in the '07 to current models? How does that change affect the performance of the bike? Which is better for track and which is better for the street?

I searched and didn't find this exact question asked before, but if anyone knows of this question being hidden in another thread I would appreciate a link :eek:ccasion1

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,373 Posts
So contact patch while leaned over is the only difference?
What more do you need? There's plenty of threads describing the differences between the 2. Quicker turn-in, more traction leaned over, taller gearing, etc. Search for some of the previous threads on it for more info.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
They Changed in 06 anyway, and like everyone said, Dunlop was one of the first to bring the 55 to the street tire market. I actually run a 60 series 211GP on my first gen and it is even better ;)

·
The Pace
7,013 Posts
I ran a ton of 50's and the 55 if far better with extra side. Takes me forever to completely scrub the 55 to the edge, and I'm doing some tight stuff. So if doing a bunch of backing out, the 55 will be helpful I suspect.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
lol cuz the 55 is better for pretty much anything that involves cornering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts