Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so most of the guys i ride with have 600s and i have a 05 10. The roads here a bumpy and tight corners,i have stock suspension and have the rear set on the soft side.Front feels good.If i hit a bump comeing into a corner it throws me of balance cause im moveing around on the seat.I find i am leaned over and they are still upright.?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Set your sag correctly. Loosen your grip on the bars. Attend track days and get some instruction.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Interesting I think I was faster on the street with my 05 636. Sometimes I just ride slow on my 10. I do think it's easier to go fast on the 600's. They are a lot more nimble. My 636 was like my GTI quick and nimble. My 08 10 is like a big powerful SVT Mustang. Hanldes and moves quickly but it does take more effort.

I would also look into tires. They make a huge difference in level of confidence on the road.

Or dare I say they may be just be better riders. My buddy kicks my ass on his 04 636 when it comes to dipping in traffic and canyons.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh good sug. i don,t have a trac any where close and they are good riders for shure. I guess i will never get it to handel like the small bikes.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
if your rear is too soft you are squatting and running wide! like miykl said set your sag #'s. a soft set up will let your bike wallow, you want a bike to be able to take a bump settle quick and stay on line! i'm willing to bet you have your rebound to hard "slow"

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im on stones right now but am going to change them out DC3 it just seems like im workin my ass of to flic the bike back and forth in the corners.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Okay so most of the guys i ride with have 600s and i have a 05 10. The roads here a bumpy and tight corners,i have stock suspension and have the rear set on the soft side.Front feels good.If i hit a bump comeing into a corner it throws me of balance cause im moveing around on the seat.I find i am leaned over and they are still upright.?

I have hell in the corners also, I gotta get a new front tire cause it all started this year and my front is over 5k miles and looks like shit.. I have to damn near stop in the corners cause she gets unstable almost immedialty, Im also lowered which aint helping.. The roads round here are rough so, I adjusted like the manual says harder for rough roads... Still doesnt help anything..So im gonna put back to stock height and try that for now, unitl i get some $$ for tires...

I dont ride w/any 600's but my boy kills me on his honda 1k in the corners..once we get straight its like hes on a 600 :crackup:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah gots to get that suspension set up for ya take it out to a nice road and take your tools with ya to adjust the front and rear and try different settings, and see what feels better.. thats why i want to get rid of my 10 for the 09 6R cause it is alot more nimble, and lighter...that way i can have other people saying the same thing well hes on a 600 and kicking my ass in the turns LOL... but yeah man adjust your suspension and feel what it will do for handling and right now i can throw my 08 back and forth pretty easy, but it will always run wide out the turns no matter what I do (since im so light) unless I was to get a aftermarket shock and whatnot so i just put up with it ... untill I get me a 600 LOL

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don,t have any stability issues,i don,t even run a dampner.Im going to change out the tires,and maybe the different profile will drop it in quicker.I do get of the seat in the corner but don,t go knee down,were not going that speed on the street.Think my sag is okay but i will get a friend over to help set it up again.

·
Registered
761 Posts
my 2 cents.
on the street, its not going to matter what you ride. your speed is determined to how big your balls are, assuming your suspension is set somewhat fine.

the 10 is actually pretty nimble imo. you just have to ride it differently. its all about squaring corners. 600s are more about momentum thats why you carry a lot of corner speed. on a liter bike, you really dont need to do that.

get your sag set up and read up on performance riding. since you dont have a racetrack closeby, thats the best option you have. changing tires wouldnt do anything for you.

its funny that now im on a 600 i kinda crave for that liter bike acceleration. having a 600 is probably better on a smaller tighter track but once your on a faster flowing one, a 600 wouldnt be able to touch a liter bike if equal riders are riding it. skill definitely has something to do with it too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The 04/05 is meant to run on 190-55, that makes a noticebale difference if you drop to a 50 profile, makes it handle like a dog. Always use the 55, even a 180/55 will make the handling better, but you still need to get the static sag set

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes i wondering about the 55 maybe i should try them,i think i can go faster like crakin the trottle comeing out of the corner, done the 1 wheel in the air thing comeing out of corner on a lean but try not to make a habit of it.And balls yes and the group i ride with less than 100 riders total they probable had 10 crash 2 fatal this year all good riders.issues with gravel on road so maybe im a bit reluctant to give er.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I agree with most of the guys, it's about setup of the suspension and the tire size has something to do with it too, I have BT016s 190/55 r 120/70 f and all stock settings and so far had not any issues, even around fast turns, but you also have to consider the 10 is heavier then the 6, so the physics are different from that point already, you might want to compare some numbers of the different bikes. Somebody also said keep a lose grip on the bars, don't try to force it, let the bike do the work and you will notice an improvement right away.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
The 04/05 is meant to run on 190-55, that makes a noticebale difference if you drop to a 50 profile, makes it handle like a dog.
What do you base those statements on? The 04/05 had a stock 50. Don't mistake quickening the steering by increasing the rear ride height because of the higher sidewall. Putting on a 50 profile Pilot Power 2CT vs the stock Dulop would also create a noticable difference because of the pointier profile.

OP - it's not the size of the bike. On paper, you're bike is identical to a 600 except for the horsepower. It's probably down to rider skill.

·
Registered
916 Posts
OP - it's not the size of the bike. On paper, you're bike is identical to a 600 except for the horsepower. It's probably down to rider skill.
Hmmm.... I'd like to see a liter engine in the size of the 600 and how it could possibly be identical...:dontknow: this defies the laws of logic and physics, alone for the cooling of it and the extra power and torque which already requires stronger sidewalls, therefore more material and heavier. But hey... if I'm wrong I buy you a beer or two...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes i wondering about the 55 maybe i should try them,i think i can go faster like crakin the trottle comeing out of the corner, done the 1 wheel in the air thing comeing out of corner on a lean but try not to make a habit of it.And balls yes and the group i ride with less than 100 riders total they probable had 10 crash 2 fatal this year all good riders.issues with gravel on road so maybe im a bit reluctant to give er.
you need to find new people to ride with... seriously. and you can raise your forks 5mm and practically get the same result with switching to a 190/55. find someone who is experienced and get some advice from them. doing it here online will just get you confused.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts