Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why a fall of power from 6000 to 7000 rpm on my ZX10 06' !! help me !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is my graph result dyno !!! My motorbike is ZX10-R 2006 with full exhaust system yoshimura, pc3 + kit eliminator, Gipro, speedohealer, Bmc Filter !!!

2_3_4_5_6_gears (Small).jpg

Final map, 4 gear.jpg

ON this graph, we can see a fall of power from 6000 to 7000 rpm !!! WHY :dontknow: ??? Its incredible ??? Please help me to solve this problem !!!

Thanks you very much for your answers !!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
You don't have a fall in power. The power is still rising toward 7000 rpm but not at the same rate. My guess is the reason for this is the fuel mapping not dealing quickly enough or correctly in an area where the engine starts to accelerate more rapidly. Often during the mapping it is hard to deal with all variables. For example a measure at that rpm will be different if a full throttle roll on is done from 3000 rpm as against a full roll on at 5500 rpm

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
also could be being caused by the opening of your exhaust butterfly valve. Just a thought as I dont know if your bike has a stock exhaust or not

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
looks to me like a tuning issue.... I was looking at your air fuel ratios and looks lik e it gets a little richer there..... on the dyno your air fuel should be slightly over 13:1 so on the street with the air your motor can suck in it will be good.....

can you feel the loss of power at all?

you can manually change the map your self and try it out.... doesn't look like its horribly rich there.... I say at 100% throttle between those rpm's try minusing 2-3 numbers and check it out.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
He stated full exhaust, so that's out. You need to pull up the map you're using on the dynojet software and post the map readings so we can help from there. Most people are scared of the self adjustment, but it's pretty straight forward. My guess would be that the dyno run was done with a small throttle opening until 6th gear when the spool it up to full power, that's where to start on the dynojet mapping software. This was a dyno, but how does it feel while riding at different throttle opennings?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm no expert, but it could be a reversion pulse from the exhaust collector, common around that rpm. Is it a 4-1 or 4-2-1?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yesterday evening i make of the runs with a friend who has a zx10-r 2004.

here the comparative one of our maps :

ZX10-04'vsZX10-06' (Custom).jpg

Blue= My friend zx10 04'= yoshimura rs3 slip on, kN and pc3
Red= Me

After several runs, the final conclusion : At the beginning of l acceleration all goes well then dice 6000 rpms, it goes up me and exceeds me!!! Sniffff:sad: !!! its crazy !!!

Several people m'ont already spoken about my full ehaust (4-2-1-2).
How that could come from the valve!!! but what do I have to make to rectify that??

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Looks like you're kickin his arse power wise. Pull up the dynojet software and post the map!

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I would set yout throttle Position sensor to zero first , then remove fueling from the map -2 at a time at 5750 RPM to 7,000 at full throttle.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I would set yout throttle Position sensor to zero first , then remove fueling from the map -2 at a time at 5750 RPM to 7,000 at full throttle.
any how to's on setting TP sensor

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
on the power commander software one of the tools is to reset tps..... basically with the bike key on/not started you first hit the reset button on the power commander and then turn the throttle from start to finish and then let go and hit ok and it calibrates the tps to your bike.

I still think its your map, if you look at the air/fuel chart on the first map you can see where the power dips the air fuel gets down to about 13:1

being on the dyno your not getting the full effect of what it will be on the street so I'm sure a 13.4-13.5:1 air fuel ration will be optimum on the dyno and on the street.

is this a power commander map or a custom tune map?

this small dip looks very tunable!!!!

let us know! and if you can post up the dynojet map or you can PM it on over...... sometimes a tuner will go over the map and punch in a wrong number at a given set of rpms and set it off and not re-check it..... it happens but let us know.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the bike. it looks real strong and wouldn't make sense for that lil bit to effect the bike.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
on the power commander software one of the tools is to reset tps..... basically with the bike key on/not started you first hit the reset button on the power commander and then turn the throttle from start to finish and then let go and hit ok and it calibrates the tps to your bike.

I still think its your map, if you look at the air/fuel chart on the first map you can see where the power dips the air fuel gets down to about 13:1

being on the dyno your not getting the full effect of what it will be on the street so I'm sure a 13.4-13.5:1 air fuel ration will be optimum on the dyno and on the street.

is this a power commander map or a custom tune map?

this small dip looks very tunable!!!!

let us know! and if you can post up the dynojet map or you can PM it on over...... sometimes a tuner will go over the map and punch in a wrong number at a given set of rpms and set it off and not re-check it..... it happens but let us know.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the bike. it looks real strong and wouldn't make sense for that lil bit to effect the bike.
:+1: I had a bad flat spot on my 05 at 4000 RPM at small throttle openings, like when you're pullin of from a light or parking lot and not giving it the WOT. Just taught myself on how to use the software so I could tune out the problem. If you can post pics here, you can tune the map to your liking.

What's the weather like in your area?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
It is extremely important to set your TPS as this determines where at throttle opening you actually calibrate fueling , without doing this you can add fuel at the wrong throttle position , it also has a great effect on how good your idle can be.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
we first need to know the map, we don't know much other than that.

If its just a regular power commander map int he bike for the yosh TRC full system and after market air filter which is map # 222-009 let me know, I'm that freakin bored I modified that map to fix your problems lol....

Ive had a lot of tuning experience in case you didn't know or well I'm sure you can ask any one of the guys super k or FAF I'm sure they have seen the posts.... Ive tuned 2-3 members on this sites bikes via the internet lol...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we first need to know the map, we don't know much other than that.

If its just a regular power commander map int he bike for the yosh TRC full system and after market air filter which is map # 222-009 let me know, I'm that freakin bored I modified that map to fix your problems lol....

Ive had a lot of tuning experience in case you didn't know or well I'm sure you can ask any one of the guys super k or FAF I'm sure they have seen the posts.... Ive tuned 2-3 members on this sites bikes via the internet lol...

Today i phone at my Dyno-center !! i explain my problem and he said me that its the exhaust (4.2.1.2) who make the fall !! for him its not the map and ratio is correct !!! For him, if i had a 1 exit and not double exit, there isnt this problem !!!:sad:

What do you think ?? someone have a zx10-r 06 with 1 only exit (4.2.1) ??? Give me your result graph dyno !!!!

Thanks you at all for your answers !!!!

Bye.

FRENCH ryder !!! or DAVID -----;)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I kinda doubt that it would make that happen, you can see where the air fuel goes a lil richer right at that spot.... you might want to mention that to him. I dont see any reason why you cannot lean the bike out a tiny bit more right there and make that power dip come out. I dont know about it splitting back into 2 hurting performance, theres plenty of other guys with maps that show a smooth power curve with good air fuel ratio's your map looks off to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts