Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, all new to the site and wondering if anyone is using the accelerator pump option on the pciii and what is it set at I'd like to try out, I've got an 05 zx10 brock full system, brock map, bmc race filter,dano derestricter, does it really help?:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
519 Posts
just did it today and it is unreal went out to test it and 1st ,2nd iam used to it coming up but not third gear it came up like i popped the clutch and I was shifting faster with my air shifter it worked for me but im going to still play with the settings

·
Registered
171 Posts
:eek:t:

How's the derestrictor working out for ya..?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
An "accelerator pump" function should not be required on a fuel-injected engine. PERIOD. There is no reason for it. The ECU recalculates the correct injection quantity on every revolution of the engine. Where is the lag that an "accelerator pump" supposedly compensates for? (Answer: there isn't one.)

If playing with the accelerator pump feature has any sort of positive result, your map is not correct.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Just a way to compensate for a crappy map, IMO. Like GoFaster said, a properly mapped FI system doesn't need an accelerator pump. Carburetors do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts