Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just trying to see who's geared 16t 45t and how it's working for you on a 04-10, what's your best so far with that gearing, what gear are you trappen in at what rpm and speed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Late summer I upped my 05 10r + 5 teeth in the rear sprocket and up to 420 chain. Love it! Acceleration is sick. Cant imagine what 16t in the from will do for you with a 45t in back. Might wish you had 9 + gears instead of only 6. In 6th gear I would liken it to 4th possibly 3rd on a non-modified 05.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
why not just do the 15t and maybe a +1 in the rear tone.r? I can tell you with my 16/40 that's about the limit I would want so far in the 1/4 mile because I just hit the rev. limit in 4th gear.....that's about as much gear changes I want to do at this time down the 1/4 mile. :badteeth:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
tone.r ..rickey gadson told me to put a 15t 42t but 16t 45t is about the same im 190lb.
If Rickey said do a 15t, and Ryan Schnitz ran 15t, and our own Ruthless ran a 15t then I would stick with 15t IMO and add the rear as needed. :wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Whichever gear gets the tire furtherest back in swingarm is what I'd go with especially stock wheelbase:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whichever gear gets the tire furtherest back in swingarm is what I'd go with especially stock wheelbase:mrgreen:
Man my hat is off to yall SWB boy's, RR i was just down your way this weekend it was 60deg now im back to 35degs dammmmm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got 04 10r running 38/46 -1f +7r revs more like a 600cc bike than a liter, thats why im going to put a new rear of 40 or 41 on back.

·
Registered
152 Posts
my 04 I ran a 16/44 on motor and would trap at around 145 at the top of sixth, I started spraying and had to drop back down to a 42 because I was running out of gear.

·
Registered
374 Posts
When I was running 15-39 the chain would try to jump over the front sprocket causing it to make a nasty sound ,like something was comming apart.The chain rides on top of the guide on the swingarm, making it ride to high above the front spocket.I went with a 16-43 and was trapping 150mph in 5th.Im gonna try more gear on the rear this year just to see what it does.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I was running 15-39 the chain would try to jump over the front sprocket causing it to make a nasty sound ,like something was comming apart.The chain rides on top of the guide on the swingarm, making it ride to high above the front spocket.I went with a 16-43 and was trapping 150mph in 5th.Im gonna try more gear on the rear this year just to see what it does.
let me know,hows your bike coming?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have a 16th front and a 44th rear on my 05 zx10r-engined Z1000. Haven't tryed it yet, wondering about what my top speed would be in 6th. Also, to what gear could I roll up a wheelie (not clutching). With my stock Z1000, I could roll a stand up wheelie in fourth - same gear combo.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts