Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm good for a 9.8.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
DethsZX10 said:
8's on motor? Extended? What are you looking for? Cause its being done with long bikes on spray.
i was really looking to see who was in the 8's modded with a pipe, pc3, gear, and stretch. i know many people will say thats impossible....you need a big motor...you need spray etc. but i dont think so. i think a properly set up 10r with just minimal mods and good light rider can do it. for instance my bike is stock wheelbase with an akra evo, pc3, bmc race filter, quickshifter, and lowered & strapped. on pump gas i've been 9.30's on a 1.56 short time. i have to believe a 6" stretch will be good for 2 tenths which would put me pretty close so i just wanted to see if anyone had done it....and thats not to mention the gains from fuel mr9,u4...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
With a good, small rider it is possible. If you're at 9.30's now, I would think you could get into the 8's with an arm and some good gas after you've got your suspension dialed in, along with a good custom map. You'll need some stronger clutch springs too or you'll just throw the clutch away and still not be able to get your sixty foot times down.

·
Banned
248 Posts
suspension has more to do with it than people think... a lot of horsepower dosent mean anything if you cant put it to the ground..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im hoping to run 9.0's-9.10's, been 9.32 so far with a slip on.now I have a full system and gained 7 hp..gonna run a Pirelli SC2 180-55-17 this time.it is 5lbs lighter then the Shinko I was running last year.I still need to work on my short times,my best to date is 1.52 so I know have more room for improvement there!:helmet:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
You'll be a lot happier with the pirelli, the shinko's just don't seem to work for the 1000's like they do on the big bikes. I've ran both and don't care for the shinko at all, just a forewarning with the supercorsa, just spin the tire a few rotations to get the dirt off or they can overheat. They need little to no warm up and if you overheat it they're as slick as ice.

·
Registered
374 Posts
TC24 said:
You'll be a lot happier with the pirelli, the shinko's just don't seem to work for the 1000's like they do on the big bikes. I've ran both and don't care for the shinko at all, just a forewarning with the supercorsa, just spin the tire a few rotations to get the dirt off or they can overheat. They need little to no warm up and if you overheat it they're as slick as ice.
For a $40.00 race take off I hope it works!Ill get these from now on if it does work for me!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Lil Sal said:
i was really looking to see who was in the 8's modded with a pipe, pc3, gear, and stretch. i know many people will say thats impossible....you need a big motor...you need spray etc. but i dont think so. i think a properly set up 10r with just minimal mods and good light rider can do it. for instance my bike is stock wheelbase with an akra evo, pc3, bmc race filter, quickshifter, and lowered & strapped. on pump gas i've been 9.30's on a 1.56 short time. i have to believe a 6" stretch will be good for 2 tenths which would put me pretty close so i just wanted to see if anyone had done it....and thats not to mention the gains from fuel mr9,u4...
even with a 6inch strech and better fuel the average dragracer will not see 8's. Tenths are near impossable to come by once you get a bike maxed out. Most good dragracers are shooting for hundreths or thousandths when trying to improve.(well really working on their sixty) but they will not see tenths when they are improving. Schnitz hit 8's but he was sprayin. And he is at the top of the field in racing.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
BryanB said:
even with a 6inch strech and better fuel the average dragracer will not see 8's. Tenths are near impossable to come by once you get a bike maxed out. Most good dragracers are shooting for hundreths or thousandths when trying to improve.(well really working on their sixty) but they will not see tenths when they are improving. Schnitz hit 8's but he was sprayin. And he is at the top of the field in racing.
Ryan wasn't spraying, he was on a 1000 SuperSport legal 04 ZX10R. When the class first came out you could have weight on the front and 2" ground clearance.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts