• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to drop kick the shit outta at&t. network with the fewest dropped calls my ass, maybe if i can ever get signal! i'm noticing more and moore people are picking up t-mobile in my area so there is an option. i travel around the country from time to time, hell, around the world too (but thats another phone plan i carry). for you t-mobile peeps, how do you feel about your coverage and wheres your location?

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Overall T-mo has been good to us. They have had their drama too, but mostly it has been a good experience with them. We've had T-mo since they were called Voicestream (still have those old ass phones too somewhere :lol:) Worst thing at first was coverage but that is getting better too. Your mileage may vary of course where you live.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've used it for years in PA and honestly it's been really good everywhere...Used it up and down the east coast a few times and never a problem. Only place I don't get service is at my house (rural area top of a freakin mountain)

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Overall T-mo has been good to us. They have had their drama too, but mostly it has been a good experience with them. We've had T-mo since they were called Voicestream (still have those old ass phones too somewhere :lol:) Worst thing at first was coverage but that is getting better too. Your mileage may vary of course where you live.
haha "voicestream", ah i remember i purchased one of their phones...the next day i got my money back. their service sucked.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have had it since 2003 and have been a satisfied customer ever since. Service is available in all major metro areas but can be spotty in some few areas, but it keeps improving every time. As a former Verizon, AT&T and Sprint customer, I had my share of problems with those carriers and enough was enough. AT&T may be the first carrier to get all the cool phones but I can always get better phones from Europe and they will work just fine with my T-mobile service as long as the phone is unlocked. :thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
I started with them in 1990, used to be Cellular One, then Voice stream now T-Mobile. I have been happy with them the whole time.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had it since 2003 and have been a satisfied customer ever since. Service is available in all major metro areas but can be spotty in some few areas, but it keeps improving every time. As a former Verizon, AT&T and Sprint customer, I had my share of problems with those carriers and enough was enough. AT&T may be the first carrier to get all the cool phones but I can always get better phones from Europe and they will work just fine with my T-mobile service as long as the phone is unlocked. :thumbsup:
good deal. where do you live?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I used to be an independant contractor for T-Mobile. They gave me a phone to use. At the same time I kept my own phone which was/is an A T & T phone. In the metropositan areas both worked fine and I didn't have any more or any less problems with either. In the rural areas off the beaten path, so to speak, much of the time I had to rely on my A T & T phone. If you were near major highways, both worked about the same. Both had occasional dead spots but usually in different places. I think T-Mobile is installing new sites and upgraded equipemnt at a faster rate than A T & T and that is a good thing. BTW I am talking about the bottom 1/4 of Texas service area. Your service may vary. Different markets are...... uh, different. And for what its worth, T-Mobile issued A T & T phones to their field techs as a back-up phone in the event of a site or system failure.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
good deal. where do you live?
Are you really asking Dallaskawa where he lives? :lol:

I've had Tmo for 2 years now. The only problem I ever had was service at a friend's house, it never worked. Then I upgraded to Blackberry and I haven't had that problem since. My wife sometimes complains of dropped calls on her Sidekick but I think the phone is the real culprit there and not the service.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Tmobile for the past year or so.

Coming from Nextel for about...5-6 years?

Im in NYC. Can't complain. Once in a while ill get a dropped call. But I dont sweat it. Better than the provider I had before. I've got a Blackberry Curve...waiting for the BOLD to drop. Nice phone.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to be an independant contractor for T-Mobile. They gave me a phone to use. At the same time I kept my own phone which was/is an A T & T phone. In the metropositan areas both worked fine and I didn't have any more or any less problems with either. In the rural areas off the beaten path, so to speak, much of the time I had to rely on my A T & T phone. If you were near major highways, both worked about the same. Both had occasional dead spots but usually in different places. I think T-Mobile is installing new sites and upgraded equipemnt at a faster rate than A T & T and that is a good thing. BTW I am talking about the bottom 1/4 of Texas service area. Your service may vary. Different markets are...... uh, different. And for what its worth, T-Mobile issued A T & T phones to their field techs as a back-up phone in the event of a site or system failure.
thats what i feared. overall, i guess im goin to have to stick w at&t until verizon stops being queers and adopts sim cards
Are you really asking Dallaskawa where he lives? :lol:

I've had Tmo for 2 years now. The only problem I ever had was service at a friend's house, it never worked. Then I upgraded to Blackberry and I haven't had that problem since. My wife sometimes complains of dropped calls on her Sidekick but I think the phone is the real culprit there and not the service.
haha i never bothered reading his name.

when im in a building my cingular gets emergency service only when t-mobile customers get full service. thats what pisses me off. why is it that at t can provide me w an emergency signal but not actual service?

·
Registered
987 Posts
my girlfriend had tmoblie and it sucks in our town but some of the surrounding citys have had better luck

·
Registered
392 Posts
Verizon FTW!
I heard that AT&T and Nextel are going to join TMobile. Sounds like they are all having problems keeping up with Verizon.
:headshake Dude:headshake

I own a T-Mobile dealership. I am their largest dealer in Alabama and NW Florida. I have been in wireless for 13 years. I was the COO of the largest Bellsouth/Cingular/now AT&T dealer in the state till 2001 when I opened my stores. AT&T and Nextel (which actually is Sprint now) are not joining T-Mobile. There is a small rumor and speculation that Deutsche Telekom who owns T-Mobile may purchase Sprint. Even though on the top it makes sense it would be very hard to do as they use 2 very different technologies that would be almost impossible to merge and keep customers happy.

As for hesaves0211 question, all wireless decisions need to be made on your personal situation and the coverage in your area and areas you travel the most. No carrier cover's everywhere and if a sales person say's they do they are lying. The carriers bid on and purchase frequency from the FCC if they were unable to obtain frequency in an area they will not be able to offer service there. Most carriers now have roaming agreements with other carriers to borrow networks in those type areas but typically you will not be charged any different. AT&T's service is getting a little worse lately as they have been using duel mode phones that used an old analog (TDMA) combined with the new digital (GSM) service, but they have to turn off the old analog network and some of the rural areas that this technology covered are not covered anymore. The reason you get emergency service and not regular service is the government mandates that all wireless phones be able to pick up any signal they can to make an emergency call. So your phone is probably picking up T-Mobile's service for emergency use only but AT&T does not have a roaming agreement for you to use it for regular service. T-mobile is a great company who does everything they can within their power and still make money to offer a great service and make customers happy. I suggest you research your area and the places you travels by looking here http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/ We are very honest about our coverage and give you the ability to see it as best we can. We don't just color in a map and let you figure it out yourself like some carriers. Also you can see here that we are usually ranked in the top of all categories in wireless at JD Powers. http://www.t-mobile.com/Company/CompanyInfo.aspx?tp=Abt_Tab_Awardshttp:// www.jdpower.com/telecom I know this was long but I hope it helps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Chaos4all has it all correct. Worked for Nokia Mobile Phones and was in wireless for a few years as well. The dual mode phones you were referring to were GAIT technology, GSM-ANSI Interoperability Team. Basically a switching technology between TDMA/GSM.

I currently have TMO and can't complain. Had Verizon and loved them as well but they choke out their handsets to a point that pisses me off. Supposedly they are opening their network though.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I've had Sprint, AT&T, Cingular and now I have T-Mobile, and from my experience, T-Mobile has the others beat. But then again, this is JMHO. But it all depends on what you are looking for in a cell company. Each company offers something that the others lack. Whether it be cool phones, rollover minutes, great plans, excellent customer service, etc. T-Mobile works for me just fine and hopefully it will do the same for you.

And I'm in Wichita Falls, TX. Every now and then I'll have a dropped call, but that's due to the way I got my settings to change to the strongest tower for the best signal especially when I'm traveling to Lawton, OK

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
:+1: on T-Mobile, I too have been with them since they were Voicestream and never had an issue that wasn't related to my bad habit of breaking phones, 23 in 7yrs if I remember correctly. Great reception, decent phone selection, good customer service great rates and it works in the places I want it to (the city) and not in the places I could care less about i.e. camping/fishing/snowboarding etc. I would steer clear of all but their higher end phones or just buy unlocked versions from your favorite manufacturer, mines Nokia so I buy European unlocks since they release the newest and best phones there first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.