Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Galfer steel braided brakelines and I'm installing them right now as we speak. I know the Galfers don't follow the piggy back configuration the stock lines do, but.................... when I went to use the long bolt to secure the the fittings to the m/c it was to long(DAMNIT!!!!!). Am I gonna have to order a specific bolt from Galfer?

PLEASE HELP.........RUNNIN OUTTA DAYLIGHT!!!!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
just installed my Galfer lines last night and ........guys........get a vacuum brake bleeder!!.makes this job so easy and effortless!!.......bleeding especially!!.......I have the kind you hook up to an air line and wow!!.......so nice......and no mess!!!.sorry for the jack!..........

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
you have to use the new banjo bolts and crush washers provided by galfer. the stock pieces won't work.
Crush washer, brake line, crush washer, brake line, crush washer, banjo bolt - in that order.
just installed my Galfer lines last night and ........guys........get a vacuum brake bleeder!!.makes this job so easy and effortless!!.......bleeding especially!!.......I have the kind you hook up to an air line and wow!!.......so nice......and no mess!!!.sorry for the jack!..........
:+1: to all of them

·
Banned
333 Posts
I've used Galfer for the longest time but I've also used Goodridge and Freno Tubo and recently ran into a major problem on the 10 it developed a small pin hole in one of my front lines (sbk lines). And then yesterday installing a rear line on the 6 the line is probably 2 inches too short. I can install it but it's waaaay too tight for my rear set configuration. I'm going to contact Galfer about the front sbk line and I've got a bunch of spare lines around here from other bikes I'll swap for the rear line. Never had a problem with them until now so if you are getting the rear line kit for the 07 6 and you are using aftermarket rear sets you may have an issue.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
My galphers have always fit fine

·
Registered
582 Posts
I never once had a problem with Galfer always fit and performed very well.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
I have Galfer front and rear. Im in So Cal and nothing rust. well long story short the brakes work great but I get rust on the bolts. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
203 Posts
just need to bleed

My 10's brakes sucked so bad. So I got the galfer superbike lines and ss rear. when I removed the fluid from the lines a ton of air came out. I still installed the lines and correctly bled them. I really think I could have gotten away with just a proper bleed. Although now they are solid and no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts