Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday when I was coming home from work I pull up to a light and there is an 08 black R1 sitting there waiting for it to turn green. I pull up right next to him and said whats up. After BSing for a bit the light turned green and he punched it. I quickly caught up and passed him up. We got to the next light and he was reving his engine like he wanted to do it again. This time I was ready so when it turned green I punched it. Needless to say, I whooped his ass... and again and again for about 7 more lights. When he was done getting his ass whooped he asked me what I had done to my bike and I told him that other than the slip on I had it was stock. You should have seen his eyes through his helmet! I wish I could have seen his whole face but the eyes were funny enough. After that he went on his way and I was reminded on why I bought the 10. I LOVE THIS FREAKIN BIKE!!!! :thefinger

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
true that

·
Registered
641 Posts
Caesar, what gearing do you have?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
in a straight line, a zx10 will take pretty much any R1, anyday... stock for stock...

on the track, now thats different... :cool:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in a straight line, a zx10 will take pretty much any R1, anyday... stock for stock...

on the track, now thats different... :cool:
That's what I hear. I've been told that the 09 R1s arent actually as bad as people say they are. That on the track they handle great. Since I do most of my riding on the street and canyon I think I made the best choice that suits my needs...... even though I did go to the track a few weeks back and was doing alright against the R1s that were there.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
That's what I hear. I've been told that the 09 R1s arent actually as bad as people say they are. That on the track they handle great. Since I do most of my riding on the street and canyon I think I made the best choice that suits my needs...... even though I did go to the track a few weeks back and was doing alright against the R1s that were there.

ya, u cant go wrong w/ the 10... i just wish they would deal w/ some of the handling issues... the R1 is just a better handling bike, its easier in and out of corners and doesnt feel like it wants to eat u for lunch... :badteeth:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya, u cant go wrong w/ the 10... i just wish they would deal w/ some of the handling issues... the R1 is just a better handling bike, its easier in and out of corners and doesnt feel like it wants to eat u for lunch... :badteeth:
I hear you but you know nothing beats that raw power when you just crack that throttle wide open. I never get tired of it!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Devils advocate here...but how long have you been riding? It could be the dude is a relative newbie to riding. A more accurate ******* test to me is having a good friend you can trust riding each others bikes, and see what happens. I don't know anyone with the latest R1, otherwise I'd try it out! Hopefully the instrument panel isn't as ugly as the rest of the bike!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Devils advocate here...but how long have you been riding? It could be the dude is a relative newbie to riding. A more accurate ******* test to me is having a good friend you can trust riding each others bikes, and see what happens. I don't know anyone with the latest R1, otherwise I'd try it out! Hopefully the instrument panel isn't as ugly as the rest of the bike!
I thought the same thing at first but everytime we would stop at the light we would talk for a bit and it turns out he's owned several bikes and to top it off even works at the Yamaha factory in the area. Oh, and he looked a lot smaller too, at least 30lbs. I've ridden R1s before but never the 08 so I can't really it's my bike and not the rider.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts