19. Niccolo CANEPA (Ducati), Bridgestone, 1:42.652
20. Sylvain GUINTOLI (Ducati), Bridgestone, 1:42.698
21. Vittoriano GUARESCHI (Ducati), Bridgestone, 1:43.435

Michelin with the top 5 spots. And Kawi near the back of the pack. :sad:

Chris

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
Rossi fastest on RACE tyres & JT 2nd !!!!... that's awesome & I don't care who refutes it. from SOUP....
Colin Edwards and James Toseland set impressive times on race and qualifying tyres as the Tech 3 Yamaha team made a positive start to the penultimate pre-season MotoGP test in Jerez today. Sporting a striking blue and yellow new paint scheme for the first time today, Edwards and Toseland posted the fourth and fifth quickest times respectively, both using the latest generation Michelin qualifying tyres to set their best times late on the opening day.

Edwards clocked a best lap of 1.39.629 to finish just 0.049s clear of fast learning newcomer Toseland, with the Tech 3 duo both within 0.5s of the fastest lap set by Nicky Hayden. Toseland produced one of the most eye-catching performances, with the British rider showing his growing confidence by setting one of the best times on race tyres. Toseland's best on race rubber of 1.40.768 was bettered only be seven-times world champion Valentino Rossi at 2pm this afternoon, and his time was 0.5s faster than his best race tyre lap when he tested the 2007 YZR-M1 in Jerez last November. With rain forecast for the final two days, Toseland was the only rider to complete a 26-lap race simulation today, lapping consistently in the 1.41 bracket.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rossi fastest on RACE tyres & JT 2nd !!!!... that's awesome & I don't care who refutes it. from SOUP....
Colin Edwards and James Toseland set impressive times on race and qualifying tyres as the Tech 3 Yamaha team made a positive start to the penultimate pre-season MotoGP test in Jerez today. Sporting a striking blue and yellow new paint scheme for the first time today, Edwards and Toseland posted the fourth and fifth quickest times respectively, both using the latest generation Michelin qualifying tyres to set their best times late on the opening day.

Edwards clocked a best lap of 1.39.629 to finish just 0.049s clear of fast learning newcomer Toseland, with the Tech 3 duo both within 0.5s of the fastest lap set by Nicky Hayden. Toseland produced one of the most eye-catching performances, with the British rider showing his growing confidence by setting one of the best times on race tyres. Toseland's best on race rubber of 1.40.768 was bettered only be seven-times world champion Valentino Rossi at 2pm this afternoon, and his time was 0.5s faster than his best race tyre lap when he tested the 2007 YZR-M1 in Jerez last November. With rain forecast for the final two days, Toseland was the only rider to complete a 26-lap race simulation today, lapping consistently in the 1.41 bracket.
whats with all this garbage :dontknow: it ain't about them sorry charlie its about the guy that lead testing on the 1st day and has consistently been at the top at ALL tests.........but then who else would go low enough to find some BS excuse like......oh these guys were quicker on race tires so Nicky's times don't mean anything. Its just shows how tough it is for you to swallow what the facts are.
Sorry but down playin other guys that are puttin the times up is very weak. :rolleyes:

BD

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
whats with all this garbage :dontknow: it ain't about them sorry charlie its about the guy that lead testing on the 1st day and has consistently been at the top at ALL tests.........but then who else would go low enough to find some BS excuse like......oh these guys were quicker on race tires so Nicky's times don't mean anything. Its just shows how tough it is for you to swallow what the facts are.
Sorry but down playin other guys that are puttin the times up is very weak. :rolleyes:

BD
who played anyone down?????:dontknow:didn't even mention nicky:headshake I said the time from JT was awesome & it was, considering his moto gp experience, race tyre times are what wins races regardless of what rider x does on a q tyre.... that's what I take notice of:wink:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Nothing like being teased with the live timing on the motogp site, and today the live streaming of the qualiifying should be pretty awesome for sure.

AS for you in europe with Eurosport, well enjoy it as in America we have to wait till tuesday or buy it from the Motogp site which is what i am doing this year....No more BS Speedvision

And go Toseland!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who played anyone down?????:dontknow:didn't even mention nicky:headshake I said the time from JT was awesome & it was, considering his moto gp experience, race tyre times are what wins races regardless of what rider x does on a q tyre.... that's what I take notice of:wink:
well NH times on race tires were in the 40's all day long how did you miss that??? or did you just forget to mention it?? sorry but times on Q tires does in fact matter so..........

BD

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
well NH times on race tires were in the 40's all day long how did you miss that??? or did you just forget to mention it?? sorry but times on Q tires does in fact matter so..........

BD
i didn't miss nicky's times on race tyres, just didn't mention them as they weren't as fast as rossi or jt:mrgreen: q tyres...pffft just make slow riders look fast imo, if they were taken out of the equation start grids would look very different, everyone knows that.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i didn't miss nicky's times on race tyres, just didn't mention them as they weren't as fast as rossi or jt:mrgreen: q tyres...pffft just make slow riders look fast imo, if they were taken out of the equation start grids would look very different, everyone knows that.
well there's your downfall not paying attention to the guy doing impressive things, but then tunnel vision does that. :wink: gee do ya ever learn ya can't make stuff up around here cuz the copers are in force. Yea ya can gloat on Rossi's and jt's Q tires times but everybodys elses times on Q's are slow,,,,,,great anology.

BD

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
In a perfect world Nicky would ride green, but Nicky winning is good enough I guess.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'd like to see Kawi/Hopper/West up front and if not them then Nicky for sure..........from today a wet Jerez.

Casey Stoner
Ducati Marlboro Team
Ducati
1:49.263
Valentino Rossi
Fiat Yamaha Team
Yamaha
1:50.580
Nicky Hayden
Repsol Honda Team
Honda
1:50.785
Anthony West
Kawasaki Racing Team
Kawasaki
1:50.799
Andrea Dovizioso
JiR Scot Team
Honda
1:51.312
Shinya Nakano
San Carlo Honda Gresini
Honda
1:51.594
Loris Capirossi
Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
Suzuki
1:51.894
Randy De Puniet
LCR Honda MotoGP
Honda
1:51.979
Sylvain Guintoli
Alice Team
Ducati
1:52.058
Marco Melandri
Ducati Marlboro Team
Ducati
1:52.238
Alex De Angelis
San Carlo Honda Gresini
Honda
1:52.463
James Toseland
Yamaha Tech 3
Yamaha
1:52.755
Chris Vermeulen
Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
Suzuki
1:52.779
Colin Edwards
Yamaha Tech 3
Yamaha
1:52.826
Olivier Jacque

Kawasaki
1:53.283
Jorge Lorenzo
Fiat Yamaha Team
Yamaha
1:53.292

Notes: Stoner set the fastest time today at Jerez and in doing so wins the BMW car award. American John Hopkins sat out today with injuries suffered at the previous test.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Nicky is still consistant and is in the top 3 in the wet which is a very good sign. Looks like it's gonna be a good year for the kid straight from the OWB!
BD there will always be haters!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Nothing like being teased with the live timing on the motogp site, and today the live streaming of the qualiifying should be pretty awesome for sure.

AS for you in europe with Eurosport, well enjoy it as in America we have to wait till tuesday or buy it from the Motogp site which is what i am doing this year....No more BS Speedvision

And go Toseland!
That's the price we pay for wanting to watch racing that doesn't appeal to toothless, slack jawed yokels. :hick:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Nicky is still consistant and is in the top 3 in the wet which is a very good sign. Looks like it's gonna be a good year for the kid straight from the OWB!
BD there will always be haters!
yes more so than ANY other rider to him and his teams credit. :thumbsup:

BD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts