Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to cut my Akrapovic carbon can by 3" like the race team does. It looks and sounds better IMO. Anyone here already did this? did you have to make any major map changes?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am going to cut my Akrapovic carbon can by 3" like the race team does. It looks and sounds better IMO. Anyone here already did this? did you have to make any major map changes?
It is easy to cut down a can, just itchy repacking the fibre packing. Patience and a little mechanical aptitude. I would not expact a remap to be in order.

The 7R in my signature is a 3" cutdown can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
like i said i did cats at same time. i didnt lose power but it did lean out top end a lil bit. nothing major.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok.... here it is. The entire process only took me about 45 minutes to do. I have done this before, but never on an Akrapovic, so a quick reference to the link above (thanks) and I knew exactly what to do. Some mufflers are put together differently.

It looks much better IMO, and it sounds perfect now... just a little louder, not too much. The pops and back fires sound better too ;)

Here is a before pic..

And now....

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
looking good, is it sitting lower? it may be the camera angle

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HOLY CRAP!!! I picked up some horses. Now today is definetly colder than yesterday, but I know for sure I picked up some horses instead of losing, BECAUSE I went riding with my Brother on his R1!! And I am pulling him so bad now that it IS funny (to me) :thumbsup:

So the Butt dyno told me I picked up horses...and using my brother's R1 as a guage confirmed it. If it was just the cold air then the R1 should have been faster too. Maybe my map was off and the change made it closer to what it should be.... cant say for sure....but the change made it faster AND sound AWESOME.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Looks a LOT better now dood :eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 95 Posts