Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread reminded me of that race, I was there, man that was a race.
Then things started down hill for daytona racing.

From the linked thread:
Doughboy said:
What drove this (750)class into extinction anyways?:headshake
ZX10Miami said:
Wasn't it 2003 when Tommy Hayden won the 750 race on a punched out 600? The 600's were so close to 750's and then the 1000's came- so away went the 750 class.
OR was it that he beat the 1000's with a punched out ZX7? I was there but not sure now and google isn't helping.

Maybe 750's will come back with motogp going to 800cc limit?
Suzuki was smart to keep theirs, but they have the ability to make the bike and lose money (not sell enough to pay for tooling etc.) if need be and call it advertising.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21266&page=2

Found this from another forum via google, originally posted 3/11/2003

tom said:
The Superstock race was just amazing. A Kawi 636 beating all those 750's on a horsepower track?! That's just Tommy Hayden flogging the crap out of that bike. He was eating them up in the infield, and using the draft to his advantage on the banking, making the bigger bikes pull him around at higher speeds than his bike could do on its own. I don't think he thought for a moment that he was going to win, since every lap prior he got swallowed up well before the finish line. He benefited from those three or four guys behind him tripping all over themselves trying to pass each other. Great racing!

Tom

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i do i do!!! is there a prize since my memory still works on occassion?? c-mon give it up. :lol:

BD

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I remember them racing at Pikes Peak in Colorado and kickin 750 ass.Out braked them in the corners and were keepin up out of them.Got all the boys to sign my 636 tank also(Tony Meiring,Tommy Hayden&Roger Lee)Kept the tank sold the bike.:+1:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
madnessracing said:
any link to that race?

I wish.

As I said in another thread there needs to be a 2nd Speed Ch where they show all Non-Nascar racing.

It could include Classic Moto races from MX, dirt track, superbike and back to the days of mixing the three in a series. Wide world of sports stuff, have to pay ABC.

Would be kind of like original espn where they had to fill time and showed lots of cool stuff and some not so cool stuff too, but VARIETY. Also a bit like original speedvision was.

BD- Sorry, no prize except to know that your memory is still there:badteeth:

I just thought it was hard to find official info on the race when I was looking. Was kind of a big deal.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
treyzx10r said:
remember it? hell yea I was there track side :thumbsup:
'sup Trey.

Was that also the year it rained HARD and the 200 race was on monday? Pretty sure it was.

I was probably yards away from you in the infield at the horseshoe.
On top of my friend's RV.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
'sup Trey.

Was that also the year it rained HARD and the 200 race was on monday? Pretty sure it was.

I was probably yards away from you in the infield at the horseshoe.
On top of my friend's RV.
Hey Bro :hello: yep that was the year and we probably were within feet of each other :mrgreen:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:bump:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts