Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy a new helmet i used my friends shoei and i loved it it was so light compared to mine, can yall give me some ideas based on yalls experience, also if you guys are selling your helmets let me know.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
SUOMY is my choice, but in that price range they are all real close.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Most of the high price range helmets are light, thats basically what makes them expensive. Even the second tier Shoei RF1000 is really light.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks dude!! a few more quest for you please. iam geting a super deal on a rsr2 supra helmet do you know if they tend to come smaller or bigger than others? i had a large scorpion and now a extra large icon iam gona buy it on line and the only one they have left is an extra large the deal is too good to pass but do you recommend me the rsr2? i did some research and seems to be only 1290 grams which is the lightest i found you think i should go for it?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
thanks dude!! a few more quest for you please. iam geting a super deal on a rsr2 supra helmet do you know if they tend to come smaller or bigger than others? i had a large scorpion and now a extra large icon iam gona buy it on line and the only one they have left is an extra large the deal is too good to pass but do you recommend me the rsr2? i did some research and seems to be only 1290 grams which is the lightest i found you think i should go for it?
BMW SportIntegral Carbon Fiber Helmet=1000 grams or 2.2 lbs price 1500-2000.00 us

Hjc carbon=1489 grams or 3 lbs. 4-1/2 oz. price 419.99+ or 250-300.00 on ebay

·
Registered
371 Posts
I own 2 Shark helmets....both weigh around 1480 grams....very light. Great fit and comfort...Pricey but worth it to save the membrane......:wink:

The 1st one is the Shark RSX helmet, around $360-$400

The 2nd is the top of the line RSR2, around $480 - $650. I got it for a steal at $455

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I own 2 Shark helmets....both weigh around 1480 grams....very light. Great fit and comfort...Pricey but worth it to save the membrane......:wink:

The 1st one is the Shark RSX helmet, around $360-$400

The 2nd is the top of the line RSR2, around $480 - $650. I got it for a steal at $455
can you tell the rsr2 is lighter? ive been reading alot and it says is one of the lightests it supposed to be 1290 grams iam geting a deal on a rsr2 supra the graphics are not as nice as your duhamel but its the same helmet at the end

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thanks for the help guys heres what iam looking at i know its not all that great looking but i hope is as light and comfortable as it seems to it retails from 559 to $659 in different websites i saw like this one http://traxms.com/SHARK_RSR2_SUPRA-p-Street_Helmets_Zeus_HJC_Shoei_Nolan_Suomy_Oneal.html
and iam picking one up at a deal too good to be true brand new lol what do you guys think look at the pic below and letme know
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
They run one size small, in fact I measured my head like 6 times, and according to their sizing chart and I was on the low side of a medium. When I got the helmet it was TIGHT, I thought I could live with it but ended up sending it back in exchange for a large. I paid $430. for my Shark, pretty good I thought, check e-bay.The one you have posted looks sweet.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Overall i'm pretty sure the RSR2 is the best on the planet I was the first in US to have that duhamel and I still feel like the man every time I put it on:cool: seriously I have tried all the big names except for the vemar carbon, RSR2 hands down

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They run one size small, in fact I measured my head like 6 times, and according to their sizing chart and I was on the low side of a medium. When I got the helmet it was TIGHT, I thought I could live with it but ended up sending it back in exchange for a large. I paid $430. for my Shark, pretty good I thought, check e-bay.The one you have posted looks sweet.
thanks again, so I guess they come alittle smaller like my icon and I ordered the one on the pic in xl cause iam ussually large in others I hope it works out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts