Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new cold weather jacket as my HJC is on its last days. I have been thinking of a Teknic lightning as I have a Teknic Chicane vented and Teknic 1pc for the track.

I also have been looking at Alpinestar, but they tend to seem kind of proud of their prices.

Anyone know of some places to find clearence prices?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the sponsors have good prices so I will post a request and see where they fall in comparison to some I already found.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Check out ebay. Lots of Vanson stuff . I just bought a Properf CSRV with armor for about $300, look like it had never been worn.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Look at some of the AGV jackets, they are real reasonably priced and are good quality stuff. I have a older one that I love, has all removable armor, zip out liner and zippers for pants, and I only paid a couple of hundred for if on closeout. It was 26 degrees this morning and I was not that cold when I got to work, is why I mention this, my hands were frozen, but my torso was supriningly comfortable.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont mind AGV, but I have never wore their stuff and no one carries them around me so that I can try them on for fitment.

I actually found the Teknic Lightning jacket online this morning and bought it. $155 to my door. I guess I will see in a couple of days if it is what they advertised it as, I could not believe it was that cheap and it shows to be a current model and color scheme.

i already have a Teknic Chicane jacket so I know how they fit and I love my Chicane. I use it for my summer riding, it fits great and has decent armour in it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have bought from several vendors, seems this time they could not beat the price I got from a online supplier. I also found some nice Teknic gloves tonight that will go well with my teknic jackets.

Now it is time to empty out the stuff I dont use from the closet.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woot new jacket showed up today at work. Good bless alternate shipping address's.

I dont know how some of these guys do it, but I got a brand new in season Teknic Lightning jacket for less than half of the retail price. Now just need some nice weather so I can wear it and break it in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i just got a full suit w/ armor speed hump w/ back protector and gloves for under 500$ u.s. the size runs a bit big in the legs. i like my stuff like skin, but for the money. it is top quality stuff.. on ebay @ gpmotorcycle leathers.. get smaller size though. i had to pay 60 bucks to exchange mine. still under 500.00 w/ the exchange shipping........ not bad @all might have my legs tailored a bit so there tighter....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts