Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Http://www.muench-mammut-2000.com While im on a horsepower write up roll . hears the biggest and baddest true motorcycle of them all , Bar none . the Munich Mammut 2000 The bike has been around since 1972 upgrading over the years of course . to now what has become a motorcycle for whom fools rush in where wise men fear to tread. Weighing in at 780lbs with 265 horsepower and 295 pounds of torque it is intinmidating to say the least . The 2000cc supercharged in line 4 is unique being it has 2 conecting rods per cylinder and despite the massive amount of horsepower . The reliability record is that of a two wheeled Volvo on steroids . The BMW s1000 nor the KTM RC8R where NOT the first German UBER BIKE. The Munich Mammut was around when they went even a line drawn on a blueprint table . For over 35 years it has sat quietly in the backround only building 250 bikes per year . But the champion of brute strenth year in year out known only to the few that could part with 80,000$ One man and one little factory builds the bike... KLuase Mammut . Just think of him as a little german Erik Buell with a mean streak lol

Sorry I have NO idea how to transfer the pics from the muench-mammut site to here . And if i dont sleep soon this insomnia is going to make me run out into traffic lol

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
NOt exactly sure what wfo means I assume wide fucking open. I mean if you just got one and are offering sure why not lol, as long as I don't have to pay for anything and you take the damn limiter off.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLG its wide flat open . I always wanted to ride one of these since i was a kid . Then I didnt know that superchargers/turbochargers and cornering just do not mix . Top that off with 260hp and shaft drive(can you imagine the shaft drive effect with that much HP?) . Going strait is your only option . If the supercharger comming on doesnt high side you .The shaft drive instantly low sides you appying any power.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I'll be honest sometimes I have more balls then brains lol. It's twin charged? I thought it just had a turbo. You could always convert it to a chain and add a slipper couldn't you?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'll be honest sometimes I have more balls then brains lol. It's twin charged? I thought it just had a turbo. You could always convert it to a chain and add a slipper couldn't you?
Are you refering to the 79 kz1000?
It's running a Drouin Supercharger with mechanical fuel injection. I found several kits that are complete for the kz, one is new in the box for $1,800.

http://victorylibrary.com/supercharger/super-eaton.htm

This is the most informative site i have found for supercharging bikes. Mostly it's the old Nortons, but it makes no difference what the engine is.
I seriously am looking at an Eaton MP62 onto a busa.
http://www.capa.com.au/eaton.htm

Or an Eaton onto an old-school kawi such as this:
http://www.cycleclassifieds.us/22206/1976-Kawasaki-KZ.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1237/Drag_Bikes/post/1708941/Drag-Bike.html

Here is the busa engine that can handle a blower:

http://www.h1v8.com/H2.html

·
Registered
2,542 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i dont think thats the "biggest and baddest" bike around, there are plenty of members on here have a completely better looking, performing, handling, and all around better bike.... and i bet ya they spent about $40k less..... but thats just my :2cents:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i dont think thats the "biggest and baddest" bike around, there are plenty of members on here have a completely better looking, performing, handling, and all around better bike.... And i bet ya they spent about $40k less..... But thats just my :2cents:
:+1:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Guys 265 hp at the rear wheel!! with 295 torque. power wise thats very impressive in itself on top of that they run for 100k or more because of dual con rods , HEAVY cases ect ( thats where the zx10 cant compare , at those figures 100k is out of the question ). I would never own the Munich because its as heavy as a tank and handles like one . But for brute force horsepower production bikes its the real deal

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I would ride it but It seems like it is a heavy bike they should try to shed some pounds

·
Registered
540 Posts
I dont know man... I don't think it's as intimidating as it sounds. You gotta figure, the bike weighs 780lbs! I think the busa has a similar power to weight ratio. The baddest bike I have ever ridden (power-wise) was a 2005 turbo charged hayabusa. It was stretched because the guy who owned it used it for drag racing. That MF was one bad piece of machinery. He was doing high 7s on the 1/4. It has 400+ HP, dont remember the exact numbers but it was plenty to have to smiling the rest of the day after opening up the throttle.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It took me 5 minutes just to find a full-bike picture on that stupid german website. nothing but closeups and crazy over-layed blurred pictures. Maybe this will help someone. For a while, I had no idea what you guys were talking about!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks Chubs .. i dont know what they are thinking trying to sell a bike you cant see well?
Its my favorite oDD ball mega horsepower bike . Not to buy though at 80,000$ the price isnt worth it . You can Make a zx14 , hayabusa ect for less . As a stock bike though it is the HP king

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks Chubs .. i dont know what they are thinking trying to sell a bike you cant see well?
Its my favorite oDD ball mega horsepower bike . Not to buy though at 80,000$ the price isnt worth it . You can Make a zx14 , hayabusa ect for less . As a stock bike though it is the HP king
Here's a torque-monster that weighs the same as a stock 10r, but look at the specs. And it gets a claimed 150mpg.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/02/25/thunder-star-1200-diesel-by-star-twin/

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shameless curiousity is killing me on that bike . diesels burn slowly in the combustion chamber giving more torque . But , they rev low and spool slowly . I dont know if you can pul high range gears quicly due to the torque . OR, will the slow burning combustion chamber not alow it to spool fast enough killing the acceleration ?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not dreamy by any means . More like cool brute ugly . Not something to buy myself . But t is technically the worlds fastest production bike . Im into liter bikes that handle well .

Badexample just found something extreamly cool .. a 1100cc kawasaki triple TWO STROKE!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Shameless curiousity is killing me on that bike . diesels burn slowly in the combustion chamber giving more torque . But , they rev low and spool slowly . I dont know if you can pul high range gears quicly due to the torque . OR, will the slow burning combustion chamber not alow it to spool fast enough killing the acceleration ?
Compression comprression compression. It probably has 400psi in it's lowest trim and between 18:1 / 22:1cr.

If you think a diesel engine weak or slow, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R10_TDI

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.