Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
litrejunkie said:
What does it taste like...Cola, Sprite, Mt. Dew.???
I bet it's great over ice!
Probably tastes like Bean Oil for a two stroke.

Maybe tastes like Saki?

Cool find.

The bottom says, "let the good guys roll." Rather than the good times roll- odd.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Quick10 said:
I don't know but the nxt time I go to the Kawi shop here in Japan I'll ask about it.
By the looks of what little of the bike you can see on edge of the can it seems like a late 70's promotional "Saki Soda"

Not sure about the Green Hornet looking thing. But again 70's?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Quick10 said:
http://www.kawasaki-jr.com/f_main.html

Just so you know they ride almost exclusively naked streetbikes over here. This is the link to the shop I deal with. I don't count the scooters with the bikes.
Yeah they keep some good stuff over there, in part because we have no tiered licensing to help sell smaller stuff here, and part because of different vehicle standards probably.

Or sometimes they just don't think we'll buy them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late reply to an old thread.

Who's tasted it?
I have, I have.

Saki Soda was a promotional concept in the US about 1975-6. Tom's Kawasaki (Tom Luthi) in Perryton, Texas was the only distributor that I know of and the drink was stocked there and sold by traveling Saki Soda guy Rocky Morris (now deceased). The drink was green in color and tasted of lemon/lime... at least for a while. Because it was a slow mover, in time it began to take on the metallic taste of the cans and ultimately several tons of the stuff were buried in the sanitary landfill in Perryton. It really wasn't half bad, but it just didn't catch on.

Wes Anderson was the general mangaer for Tom's Kawasaki during those years and the shop ceased doing business about 1977 I believe. Tom also had a shop in Guymon Oklahoma for a brief period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts