Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a Gen 2 had their ECU reflashed? If so, where did you have it done and could you give me your opinion of the results. I see a lot of gen3's having had it done, but i want some input from some Gen 2 owners. Also, did you datalog your bike on a dyno before the flash, or did you just give them a list of your setup. thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Has anyone with a Gen 2 had their ECU reflashed? If so, where did you have it done and could you give me your opinion of the results. I see a lot of gen3's having had it done, but i want some input from some Gen 2 owners. Also, did you datalog your bike on a dyno before the flash, or did you just give them a list of your setup. thanks
send us your ecu, we can do it no problems! And yes we have done quite a few, but tell ya what, you wanna be the first here, pm me and I'll do you a deal so you can report if its good or not:thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Or you could just flash it for him for free since those flashes are "so amazing" according to others... and he can report then :idea:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
:+1: I was thinking about having a reflash. Can you reset fan activation to come on earlier aside from timing/fuel? How about throttle body secondaries opening earlier?

·
Registered
206 Posts
:+1: I was thinking about having a reflash. Can you reset fan activation to come on earlier aside from timing/fuel? How about throttle body secondaries opening earlier?
Yes we do reset the fan on/off setpoints on the remap. And yes, the throttle mapping is altered for a quicker ramp, and are 1:1 past a set rpm, as opposed to the factory set up:thumbsup:

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
U got a pm dynotronis........??
If u can provide me some info please???
its almost time to ride out here.....would like to no more please.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
:hello:......whats up fellas. Question regarding the reflash, what can one expect as far as performance with the reflash.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
send us your ecu, we can do it no problems! And yes we have done quite a few, but tell ya what, you wanna be the first here, pm me and i'll do you a deal so you can report if its good or not:thumbsup:
dont get no flash with this dude.. I have my gsxr flash tech working on the 06-07 and once he finds an xray facility he is going to scan all the other gens .. Trust me this dude is ripping you guys off ......

·
Registered
332 Posts
dont get no flash with this dude.. I have my gsxr flash tech working on the 06-07 and once he finds an xray facility he is going to scan all the other gens .. Trust me this dude is ripping you guys off ......

So how much is your guy going to charge then? I know they are not the same bikes but with my busa you could have a basic ecu flash for about 100 bucks I believe. I purchased the wiring harness and software for 200 bucks to do it myself.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
So how much is your guy going to charge then? I know they are not the same bikes but with my busa you could have a basic ecu flash for about 100 bucks I believe. I purchased the wiring harness and software for 200 bucks to do it myself.
Hes a hundred for basic flash which includes , TRE, a power commander or bazazz map ( You Send To Him With ECU ), Top Speed limiter removed and rev limiter removed. You can have him leave the rev limiter on if you want ( I Do ) . I contacted him today when this dynotronics1 dude quoted me 400 for a basic flash .. TRE, and Top speed removed and a PC3 map loaded. He was strictly GSXR and he does my 750 ... Well this dude is CRAZY so he said hes 2 weeks out from being done with yamaha and then were doing the zx10. I Say we cause Im the first ECU ecu he is going to do for the 10R.

If any of you pay this guy 400 dollars your an idiot

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hes a hundred for basic flash which includes , TRE, a power commander or bazazz map ( You Send To Him With ECU ), Top Speed limiter removed and rev limiter removed. You can have him leave the rev limiter on if you want ( I Do ) . I contacted him today when this dynotronics1 dude quoted me 400 for a basic flash .. TRE, and Top speed removed and a PC3 map loaded. He was strictly GSXR and he does my 750 ... Well this dude is CRAZY so he said hes 2 weeks out from being done with yamaha and then were doing the zx10. I Say we cause Im the first ECU ecu he is going to do for the 10R.

If any of you pay this guy 400 dollars your an idiot
yeah, this should be interesting. sorry, we don't offer cut rate stuff, which is why we don't do the suzuki maps anymore, too many folks out there that simply make a copy of our(or Don Guhl's) work and sell the copies at cut rate prices. Its the nature of the business.

I'm sure there will be more and more that will try this, and thats ok. Competition makes the business better for everyone, and that includes you guys, the end users. We always thought our pricing was fair, and our mapping was the best in the business, but its competition that drives the market, which is why we do so much R&D, so we can stay ahead of the crowd, and give our customers the best bang for the buck.

Joe McClughan
Dynotronics,Inc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts