Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I'll give a small intro. My name's Jason. Live just outside Milwaukee, WI. Recently picked up a stock 07 lime green zx10. Great bike! Coming from a zx9 and a tl1000 this 10 is a much better adrenaline producer!

This site seems like a great place! I hope to gain a little knowledge here. :thumbsup: And to hopefully get to know some of you and go out on rides when the weather's nice.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
WELCOME... im sure u will get plenty of info here!!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
:welcome:

it's mandatory that newbies post up pics of their bikes, list their mods... and comment on any particular future plans, if in existance.

:thumbsup:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Welcome, you sound like a laid back guy, you'll like it here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'll get a few pics up by this weekend but it pretty much looks like my avatar. As for current mods all I have done is a Competition Werkes fender eliminator, Vortex spools and stand. I hope to have aftermarket slip ons shortly with K&N filter. Over winter I plan on changing the gearing slightly, rear seat cowl, rear hugger (still deciding which brand), powdercoat the rear sets black, double bubble screen, and a pair of new tires.
I'm all for saving a few bucks here and there so I definitely like the market place section!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey kpm, we should ride sometime. I'm in Hales Corners.

By the way if you feel like it we (AOM) ride wednesday evenings. We meet at "Ride" in New Berlin off National around 7:30pm. I'll be there tonight. If you can make it look for me. See avatar.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Welcome sir. I am just south of you in Kenosha/Racine area

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Yeah I have only seen a few 10R's down here. I have a 1st Gen and I rode with one guy with a 2nd Gen. That was about it. The 2nd Gen guy had a red one...and he was a serious squid LOL. I tend to see way more CBR1000RR's, R1's, and Gixxer 1000's down this way. I haven't been riding with anyone lately...I am a bit of a lone wolf around here or occasionally ride with my father.

Welcome to the 10R club, it is a great bike. If your brakes are stock, you should seriously consider upgrading your calipers. If you want more info check out Ervins thread:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60215

(Yes it is a long read, but it has all pertinent information needed)

Cheers fellow local 10 rider, and here, have some rep. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well here are some pics of it. Was stock until last week. Werkes fender eliminator and just put on a pair of D&D slip/bolt ons tonight. They sound great!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts