Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an aftermarket wp race shock 4618 and need to change the spring. I weigh about 210 geared up so what spring rating should i go to.
Racetech spring calcultor reckons a 90 and i assume that on white power that the first rating ie 80-165 the 80 is kg and the 165 is the length.
reason am asking is that a local dealer said that the 80 should be ok! i,m not convinced!:dontknow:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just bought an aftermarket wp race shock 4618 and need to change the spring. I weigh about 210 geared up so what spring rating should i go to.
Racetech spring calcultor reckons a 90 and i assume that on white power that the first rating ie 80-165 the 80 is kg and the 165 is the length.
reason am asking is that a local dealer said that the 80 should be ok! i,m not convinced!:dontknow:
Use the correct rate.

You don't have to use WP springs (unless you have to have a white color spring). 165 is an odd ball spring length but there are other options. Eibach & Hyperco (and others) make replacement springs that will fit. Take your shock to a suspension tuner and get it sorted properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts