Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with it? I am thinking about getting one. This could be my first tat. I have heard that the whiter you are the more they shine. I am pretty pasty. I have always thought at about getting a weave patterned band around my upper thigh. I have the chance to get it done pretty reasonilble. I work with a guy whose niece do some awesome work. She is licenced in NM and is trying to get some money to get licenced in OK. All clean stuff. I will def check it all out before committing. Hand size tat for $80 bucks with crazy detail. I wear shorts alot and I don't really want to have one that is too in your face. I come from a pretty conservitive family. I have a seen my grandma ask somebody if they thought God didn't do a good enough job coloring their skin. I have much respect for her and others in the family. Not ashamed but not looking for attention either.

·
Registered
370 Posts
white won't show up well and doesn't tend to last long. I have all kinds of colors including white and IMO it would be a waste of money.

If you're going to do it just get full color or black and grey.

Grandma will get over it....or just never show her.

Who cares what anyone else thinks so long as you like it. I have my whole leg done and 99% of people give me compliments on it, even old fashioned people. So long as it is artistic and not some offensive piece of crap or bad art you will be fine. Some people just don't like them in general....who cares....it's your skin. And for the "what about when you get old" comments.....well you get nasty looking either way and no one wants to see a 80 year old in shorts anyway :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
yea,white not a great idea! you will save on the tat, but spend the rest of the savings getting touch ups!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
disagree...my wife's top of her sleeve has a snow leopard in the artic/northern lights.....she not tan at all and it's staying awesome....my brother was the artist...usually takes a few sittings to lay it all in...i think she had the leopard color 3times...could have been 4...also about aftercare

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Different people hold different pigments differently. Wait what? :lol:

White for me at least, faded pretty quickly and is essentially gone now. But this is a tattoo on my wrist and has been beat up by the sun for some time. If I had gone with an all-white tat, I think it would be invisible now unless it was on a part of my body that was never exposed to sun...and even then I am guessing it would be nearly invisible. My .02 at least

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
after care is 1 of the biggest keys in keeping your color...sunblock at all times ect....my wife rock spf50 on all her and her ink....hers holds so much better...but I'm tanner than her.....I don't know if I would go full white....but don't be afraid to use it, my brother loves to use white...like I said though if you want it white be prepared to do a couple sittings to have it lookm WHITE. good luck

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I agree....do it. I have a dozen and have never regretted it. Plus, like my brother tells me, if I'm in a plane crash, it'll be easier to identify the body:headshake

Anyway, I've always said that the difference between those with tats and those without is that the people with tats don't give a damn if you have tats or not.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The white on this tattoo is 5 years old granted it doesnt get as much sun because its on the inside of the arm......
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from what I have researched the paler your are the better is shows. Since is goes in under the skin the melitonin in black people make the white look more yellow. It also sounds liek the the darker toned skin as a higher chance of rejecting it and can actually push it back out. I am of german and English descent=pasty. I work in the sun year round and my arms are lighter than most pale latino office worker butt cheeks. The sun thing is why I am thinking upper leg.

They make a different ink for all white tatoos. This isn't the stuff they use for mixing shades. It is supposed to be thicker. It does sound like there is some techique in the application so i am going to have to talk to her about it.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
from what I have researched the paler your are the better is shows. Since is goes in under the skin the melitonin in black people make the white look more yellow. It also sounds liek the the darker toned skin as a higher chance of rejecting it and can actually push it back out. I am of german and English descent=pasty. I work in the sun year round and my arms are lighter than most pale latino office worker butt cheeks. The sun thing is why I am thinking upper leg.

They make a different ink for all white tatoos. This isn't the stuff they use for mixing shades. It is supposed to be thicker. It does sound like there is some techique in the application so i am going to have to talk to her about it.
I understand about your how your family feels about tattoos but I would not chance getting one which could potentially look bad just to be able to get one. Either explain it to them, do it and they will learn to accept it or just don't get one right now. That's just my opinion.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to get permission.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts