Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It just started Thursday night. Off idle @ about 2000 rpm I hear this whistle type noise. Almost sounds like a bird cooing. Best I can discribe it.

Sounds like its coming from the left side around the front sprocket area....

I even hear it when riding or sitting in the garage just bliping the throttle. I thought water pump. Thought Mybe I had run low on coolant or something. Never had a leak, but I checked anyways. No leaks, coolant level is great. I'm due for an oil change.

Could it be that Its time for an air filter? I plan on putting a new one in this week.

If anyone in Dallas knows much about these and will take a look @ it, I'd be thankfull.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
its not your gas tank making that noise is it?? mine does it after i ride it and park it but not when riding it ??? other than that i have no clues really?? hard to tell what it is ? good luck with it..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive never heard my tank vent...wifes ZZR does. This is different.

Does it cold or hot.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check your air filter housing for proper fitting.

Yeap, the valve in the gas cap let the gas fumes escape from the tank anda that makes a whistle. Usually it whistles more when your tank is almost empty (more space for gas fumes in the tank) :wink:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your air filter housing for proper fitting.

Yeap, the valve in the gas cap let the gas fumes escape from the tank anda that makes a whistle. Usually it whistles more when your tank is almost empty (more space for gas fumes in the tank) :wink:
guess now that I'm home I'll lift the tank....

·
Registered
209 Posts
hey m8

sounds EXACTLY like mine, your stator in generator / alternator is burning out and bits of it are rubbing as it spins...

mine made bird sounds for a few hundred miles before generator stopped outputting alltogether and battery went flat, then I broke down :(

think it will need replacing... best check it before it goes altogether.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I emailed Kawi about this. They said to take it to a dealer, have them call the tech line and we'll go from there.

Is there a trusted Kawi dealer in the Dallas area?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts