Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a brief spell away to the dark side. ... I have returned to the light and back to the wonderful team green, up from my previous gen 1 to a lovely gen 4....

Just wondering my pirelli sc2 tyres are due for a replace and wondering what people are recommending ? Heard good things about michelin pilot power rs.

Or should I stick with the kwak recommended pirelli?

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
It's all about preference. The only reason I use Michelin is because my local track day orgs have Michelin booths there, so if I ever needed a new tire I'd at least know what I'm putting on my bike.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
After a brief spell away to the dark side. ... I have returned to the light and back to the wonderful team green, up from my previous gen 1 to a lovely gen 4....

Just wondering my pirelli sc2 tyres are due for a replace and wondering what people are recommending ? Heard good things about michelin pilot power rs.

Or should I stick with the kwak recommended pirelli?
Its SC2's for us over here all day long every day :grin2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guy's. Appreciate it. Just wondering what michelins you were running, I had pilot power 3 on another bike and they seemed just awful.... know it's not the same and each bike is different just wondering if it's a common thing. I did love the sc2's..... they have a tasty price tag to match though haha.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was at a track and was running SC2's and picked up a screw in the rear believe it or not and had to put on a RS as that's the only DOT tire available at track and noticed significant slippage after running the Pirelli's all day. However, the RS will be more than capable for the street and its plenty grippy but will get very greasy when smoking hot but unlikely to get to those temps on the street. If it's a street only bike I would save the money and put the RS on but if running track or riding street at silly speeds then SP2 or Q3+.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pirelli diablo rosso corsa II, I wore out several sets of Michelin RS and tried rosso corsa II and I'll switch to anything.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
473 Posts
Pirellis Superbike Slicks 100%... Takes advantage of the design of the bike and the tire it (the bike) was made to win world championships with. Compounds are whatever the conditions dictate so no matter what brand you use, don't get hung up on a specific compound.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
what do you do????
street, track days, club race, race professionally??
I would be very surprised if he is street typically I will get 600 mile on a SC2 rear before it squared off on street, SC2 & 1 are the qualifying tyres Pirelli supply BSB with here, aside from slick it's the best choice for a track day tyre over here and you can also get the 200/55 profile as easy as the 190. But the climate over there in most states is different to mild winter and summer Britain.

·
Registered
207 Posts
what do you do????
street, track days, club race, race professionally??
Answer the question, nobody can give you a recommendation without knowing what you are gonna do with the tire. The tires are purpose built. Sc2 and slicks are great for the track but will not heat up quick enough on the street. Michelin RS is great for the street and slower track pace but will grease up in higher track temp and speeds. Q3+ is great for the street and moderate track speeds. We run Dunlop Ntek slicks on the track over here, soft in the front and med in the rear for me personally . Q3+ in the southern California canyons. Cheers, good luck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for delayed reply all... bike will be used for a mix of disciplines and the climate here isn't anything lime warm year round. After lots of reviews and taking your feedback on board looks like pirelli diablo rosso corsa is where il spend the money. Looks to offer good performance and apparently only 2% more trrad area than the sc2 but with faster warm up and cooler temperature grip.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry for delayed reply all... bike will be used for a mix of disciplines and the climate here isn't anything lime warm year round. After lots of reviews and taking your feedback on board looks like pirelli diablo rosso corsa is where il spend the money. Looks to offer good performance and apparently only 2% more trrad area than the sc2 but with faster warm up and cooler temperature grip.
Good choice, with sipes in the tread , you can even ride them in wet conditions. They warm up quick, have great grip for aggressive street runs and track riding. Enjoy. Can't go wrong with perelli.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dunlop Q3+, I commute on them in all weather and track them with no drama, you'd have to be pushing fast lap times at a pro level to start scrutinising these tyres. they wear so much better than the Super corsa's

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you haven't tried Dunlop Q4s then you don't know what your missing. By far the best performance street tire I've ever ridden.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Heard some good things about dunlop, haven't run them since I had a pair of sportmaxx qualifiers about 12 years ago, assuming they've come on a long way since then. New weird one in the tyre search discovered the last owner was running a 200/55 rear of the supercorsa. So just researching what that's about and whether to replace with a 200 or back to the stock size. ... ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
200! More rubber more grip! Once I converted I will never go back! If you plan on spending alot of time on the side of the tire then why go smaller?

P.S. 200/55 Supercorsa (SP) is probably best street tire you can buy! Heard great things about Q4 but sadly haven't had the chance to try them yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts