Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having decided to spend a few bucks on the bike I started thinking about traction control. I know there's a KIMS system which is really just an anti-slip control from what I gather.

The Bazzaz looks like it's more of the same but with adjustable parameters.

The other two I started looking at was the IRC system and the Gripone S3

Anyone any experience of either?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've heard Nemesis is the best, but it also costs the most money.
Kawasaki

I've heard the Bazzaz is the most crude of the lot and the Grip One is much more higher end, but not as pro as the Nemesis.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes I heard the Nemesis was the biz but to be honest, I probably wouldn't be capable of setting up a high end system. The Gripone looks the most user friendly and ultimately I want to make sure if I happen to crack it open badly that I'm not going to throw myself at the scenery granted I'll probably be pushing harder knowing I have a bit of a safety net there to keep me covered.

Would be nice to hear some feed back on those using them though before I commit to one or the other.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
not trying to be a A-hole... lets analyze the cheaper option, the bazzaz, you will end up spending close to 700usd, and I have used it, in the street and in the track with a -2 sec of the lap record pace racer.

that system is for Racing where you know the conditions and map accordingly, its not for led wrist hands in the street, where you can get rain, dirt, etc.

for that you need a system that has sensors in both tires and those are quite expensive and need a mechanic know how to install them and put them to work right...

that is why maybe you need to do the math to go with a gen4-5 that already has that...

·
Registered
170 Posts
not trying to be a A-hole... lets analyze the cheaper option, the bazzaz, you will end up spending close to 700usd, and I have used it, in the street and in the track with a -2 sec of the lap record pace racer.

that system is for Racing where you know the conditions and map accordingly, its not for led wrist hands in the street, where you can get rain, dirt, etc.

for that you need a system that has sensors in both tires and those are quite expensive and need a mechanic know how to install them and put them to work right...

that is why maybe you need to do the math to go with a gen4-5 that already has that...
I like your answer, and you make sense.

It is interesting that none of them really claim to be more safe, on the street . Thats sort of left up to the owner to hope for...

Really though, no benefit of running a Bazzaz unit on the street? Since you owned it, I suppose you tried it,and thats what makes your comment interesting.

I like the thought of trying one, but do believe you are correct.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
for me It worked when I was riding the shit out of the bike in dry conditions, with a very good road...

but when it rained, the intervention was not enough for a very mad gixxer.

the way and the security that the gen4 gives me its on another level.

·
Registered
220 Posts
gen 4 stock TC > bazzaz by a long shot, even on a gen 4. I can't imagine it would be any better on a gen 3 (i know, no stock TC).

If you sell the wet noodle maybe the difference you'd spend on a bazzaz fi tc unit would get you toward a G4 trackbike?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes I heard the Nemesis was the biz but to be honest, I probably wouldn't be capable of setting up a high end system. The Gripone looks the most user friendly and ultimately I want to make sure if I happen to crack it open badly that I'm not going to throw myself at the scenery granted I'll probably be pushing harder knowing I have a bit of a safety net there to keep me covered.

Would be nice to hear some feed back on those using them though before I commit to one or the other.
I read a post on a UK club race forum I'm a member of where a guy had tried most of the ones you mentioned, but you might need to search.
Website was Forums - motoforum but I would search their site using google (do a site:motoforum.net "traction control" in the google search bar). Their search is pants.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read a post on a UK club race forum I'm a member of where a guy had tried most of the ones you mentioned, but you might need to search.
Website was Forums - motoforum but I would search their site using google (do a site:motoforum.net "traction control" in the google search bar). Their search is pants.
A gen 4 is out of the question at this stage I'm afraid - as much as I'd love one! I've already spent money on suspension upgrades so having to start from scratch again is not an option - the bike is primarily used for track-days so it's really about having a back up there if I screw up getting on the gas coming out of a turn.

I've pretty much ruled out the bazzaz as it seems to be an adjustable KIMS. So it's down to IRC and the Gripone - Motorforum has a lot on the irc and very little on the gripone.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm running Gripone on my BMW but I haven't been able to get it dialed in to do really quick laptimes without too much intervention... but that's more of me not having enough setup time to get it perfect. But for trackdays on old tires it's great cause I can just dial up the intervention and not be worried about losing the rear at all and the wheelie control works really well. I'd say it just as good if not better than my Gen5 with race ECU.

If u do buy the Gripone you'll need to have wheel sensor brackets made up for your bike cause the universal brackets don't always fit well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm running Gripone on my BMW but I haven't been able to get it dialed in to do really quick laptimes without too much intervention... but that's more of me not having enough setup time to get it perfect. But for trackdays on old tires it's great cause I can just dial up the intervention and not be worried about losing the rear at all and the wheelie control works really well. I'd say it just as good if not better than my Gen5 with race ECU.

If u do buy the Gripone you'll need to have wheel sensor brackets made up for your bike cause the universal brackets don't always fit well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thank for that - do you have to purchase the imu which is an extra cost or does it work properly without it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In case sometime in the future someone comes across this - the Gripone s3 works a treat - needs a little time setting up but once it's up an running it is a nice little add on!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts