Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a kawasaki z750, the only sure is that my next bike will be also a kawasaki. the question is that: zx6r or zx10r?

is not matter if money. i have to say that im just a simple rider.
(not racing, not wheeling) i'm riding everyday to work and back home.
trips around Athens for 100-200km and running fast only in highway.

if i take zx10, maybe i will never drive it to the edge, but also i think that zx6r is a step back. on the other hand i dont want to pay more for gasoline, insuranse, service only just to say that i have a 1000cc.

thank you all!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
can't go wrong with either bike. both are plenty fast

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you,
sorry for make you to read the same question one more time...

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
thank you,
sorry for make you to read the same question one more time...
Nah, thats cool, but youll just get the same answers that people have given before, so might as well search.

·
Registered
279 Posts
10r, hands down

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
641 Posts
of course many satisfied 10R owners here will recommend the 10R.

I'd rec a '09 6R over an '08 or earlier...big gains in mid and top end power. 10R does use just a bit more fuel.

Sounds like if you're not a throttle jockey, you may be better off on an SV650S Suzuki. They;ll get 50mpg instead of 40, have more grunt than a 600 down low, and pulls decently throught the RPM range. I personally love the sound of a piped inline 4.

Why wouldn't I rec a ninja 650R? I think they're a bit fugly. Good luck though. I'm sure if you've done any reading on here wowever that a leftover brand new '08 10R is your best bet for a good deal, basically will cost very similar to an '09 6r.

A used 636 '05 and up is prob a great alternative if you're buying on the cheap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
of course many satisfied 10R owners here will recommend the 10R.

I'd rec a '09 6R over an '08 or earlier...big gains in mid and top end power. 10R does use just a bit more fuel.

Sounds like if you're not a throttle jockey, you may be better off on an SV650S Suzuki. They;ll get 50mpg instead of 40, have more grunt than a 600 down low, and pulls decently throught the RPM range. I personally love the sound of a piped inline 4.

Why wouldn't I rec a ninja 650R? I think they're a bit fugly. Good luck though. I'm sure if you've done any reading on here wowever that a leftover brand new '08 10R is your best bet for a good deal, basically will cost very similar to an '09 6r.

A used 636 '05 and up is prob a great alternative if you're buying on the cheap.
thanks mate,

i think that i will never drive to the edge. so 6r might be better for me.
on the other hand, i will be always asking myself "why not 10r?"
on my experience on my z750 i can say for sure that the engine will never broke. that is the most important for me and thats what i try to understand here. that no one has make a complain for a 10r...

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Well going from a Z750 to a 6R won't be a step backwards I assure you! Have you looked at any Z1000's? I still think the 10R for the win though...it is a better commuter bike IMO than a 600 class. The Z1000 will give you about 600 power with extra torque...but did I mention that the 10 is the way to go?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well going from a Z750 to a 6R won't be a step backwards I assure you! Have you looked at any Z1000's? I still think the 10R for the win though...it is a better commuter bike IMO than a 600 class. The Z1000 will give you about 600 power with extra torque...but did I mention that the 10 is the way to go?
i think that z750 has enought power for a naked bike!!!
cant imagine how to handle with a 1000cc naked, specialy on a wind day!
thanks for mention it, but i'm sure the next bike will be a sportsbike. 6r or 10r is the question...:)

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
i think that z750 has enought power for a naked bike!!!
cant imagine how to handle with a 1000cc naked, specialy on a wind day!
thanks for mention it, but i'm sure the next bike will be a sportsbike. 6r or 10r is the question...:)
Then 10 it is! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts