Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking at picking up a new ZX10 tomorrow. I am currently down to 3 options and want to know which one you would choose with the miles and price point of each of them.

#1 - 2004 zx10R with 18,800 miles. Bike is equipped with - PRICE $3800 - Going to need a new rear tire soon
2nd gear undercut by M/T performance
Michelin pilot tires, rear is getting low
Hyperpro Steering Damper
Two brothers exhaust
Power commander
Quickshifter

#2 - 2006 ZX10R with 12,000 miles - Bike is STOCK - PRICE - $4000

#3 - 2008 ZX10R WITH 16,000 MILES - Has exhaust only - PRICE $4500 - COMES WITH FREE JACKET AND BATTERY TINDER

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'd say go for the 2008. Given I can't see the photo I assume it has upgraded twin exhaust mufflers and 2 mufflers aren't cheap so there's bang for the buck there.

However bike #1 is "THE widow maker" and has useful upgrades so it'd be my 2nd choice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
^ the - pun is my account - I was locked out earlier at work for whatever reason so had to make another

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd say go for the 2008. Given I can't see the photo I assume it has upgraded twin exhaust mufflers and 2 mufflers aren't cheap so there's bang for the buck there.

However bike #1 is "THE widow maker" and has useful upgrades so it'd be my 2nd choice.
I hate that people still call it that.. it was the lowest power of all the 10rs.. was jist geared bad for the low end the bike had and the power to weight ratio when everything else had less.. each gen after was stronger and faster and more street friendly to ride.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thoughts -
Youll need to check for frame cracks in certain areas on the GenI. Both it and the GenII could possibly need maint. sooner. Then GenIII might go longer without needing stuff.
GenI is a timeless look and gorgeous just like the GenII IMO. GenII is green so end of discussion there! Green is it man! Black is the only color i think GenIII looks ok in so theres that yet it will have a few more ponies yet than the GenII will and my buddy T-money:wink: had a blast on his - it could possibly even be more compliant suspension wise than the other Gen's depending on yer height/weight, however that exhaust looks janky on that GenIII example.
I enjoy where my GenII starts to make power FWIW and the one you posted is a clean slate and low miles for the year. Maintenance rec's will be good to have on any of them but parts will obviously be harder to find for the earlier Gen's.
Which face do you wanna come home to at the end of the day and wake up to in the morning??
Spidey senses tell me the GenI coulda been rode hard/put up wet? Just hunching. Plus it has the most miles BUT it has the most mods of the three.

At the end of the day, out of these three id say either GenII or GenIII. Hard to tell though, still need more info. You could probably get a similar price within a few hundo for any of the three im guessing.

Disclaimer: I am biased towards G2 lol.>:)

Reactions: Victors

·
Registered
708 Posts

Whoops, I had my years/gens wrong. I thought the 2008 was a twin muffler gen (actually a gen 2 I guess?). So ignore this bumbling dummy because I need to brush up on my Ninja history.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts