Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the only one that has caught my eye and impressed me is the Yamaha R6, of the liter bikes, I'm waiting to see the new ZX-10R stats and I guess that one is the closest to impress of the big ones (the exhausts can be changed and 90% of you will anyway regardless), I love both of them in black best. After seeing the new Honda's, what a dissappointment with them, what happened to all the talk about a V5 VFR? or a more updated CBR 1000RR? Yamaha is pulling up in the ranks with me and maybe #1 in the 600cc division with me now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
have you thought about the 636? Its got more hp and weighs less than the R6.....or do you just like the styling of the R6 better?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'm guessing Yamaha will have a seriously re-worked R1 in '07. The '06 R1 got a "refreshing" similar to what the R6 got this year. Gotta love the LE version especially with all the mods. However, you could probably do the same for less to a "regular" R1.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
MV's are in a league of the their own, up with Ducati. I see Ducati's as the Ferrari of motorcycles and MV as Lamborghini. These aren't real world bikes, come on 40,000 euros for the top MV (oh and it comes with a nice suede seat) but how many do you see and who really buys these? I live in Europe so I see more of both than most in the U.S., but still they aren't bike that you race around the street with, how many of you are millionairs who have an MV in the 4 car garage next to your Bugatti and SLR McLaren (oh and your Kia)?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
IITravel said:
MV's are in a league of the thier own, up with Ducati. I see Ducati's as the Ferrari of motorcycles and MV as Lamborghini. These aren't real world bikes, come on 40,000 euros for the top MV (oh and it comes with a nice suede seat) but how many do you see and who really buys these? I live in Europe so I see more of both than most in the U.S., but still they aren't bike that you race around the street with, how many of you are millionairs who have an MV in the 4 car garage next to your Bugatti and SLR McLaren (oh and your Kia)?
I agree that MV and Ducati are the exotics of motorcycles...so I'll dream about it as I do exotic cars.....

BTW...there will only be 300 MV-F4-1000-Tamburini 's made....talk about limited edition.....wow

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
The 1000RR has more compression now. Up from 11.9 its now 12.2. Should give it a little more umph.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I don't likw the yellow and blue scheme for the 1000rr....looks hawt in black though...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Reading the new press packet for the 2006 CBR 1000RR, I find it a bit of a laugh. The new 1000RR will be faster accelerating for sure, they have now gone from a 40t to a 42t rear spocket. Maybe cheating a bit, but there really isn't a need to upgrade the rear spocket now. Funny how you'll hear so many people probably say it's so much faster accelerating thinking it's all the engine upgrades. Well you'll probably still want to upgrade for a 520 or 525 chain set-up, but it won't be a neccessity like when you want to upgrade the sprocket.

Kawi goes for the 525 chain and Honda does the +2 rear sprocket, why not just do both for us and save us a bunch of money?

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
IITravel said:
Kawi goes for the 525 chain and Honda does the +2 rear sprocket, why not just do both for us and save us a bunch of money?
I think the reason they gave the 10 such high gearing is because it hates having the front wheel on the ground. Alot of the smaller dudes out there like the gearing anyway.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet that I would give up my '05 titanium for. Honda is so retarded. They still haven't given people what they want in the VFR (1000+ cc). The CBR1000RR should please the tasty nuts blingers with the way they've exposed all of the case bolts.

The R6 is kinda nice, but I don't care for the bodywork. They took the "leaping tiger" analogy a bit too far IMHO. The most interesting thing to emerge so far is the FZ1. It has the current-generation R1 motor, an aluminum frame, fuel injection and all-day comfort. It would make a great hyper touring bike. I wonder if Kawi will update the ZRX and/or Z1000.

What I'm really waiting for is a ZX-12R with an injection of ZX-10R technology.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Why won't Honda give the world a real rc211v replica? Call it the CBRCV or the RCV1000RR.Put a true 170 or 180 to the rear wheel horsepower v-5 in it and let the games begin again!Where are you at Honnnnnndddddddaaaaaaaaaaa??????????

·
Registered
421 Posts
i guess honda figure they can still sell mild revamp for another year or 2....

Rest assured though with all the bikes that underwent these half changes this year, another litrebike revolution is comming in 2008, and thats right when alot of us, myself included, will be ready for a new one. Mabey 2wd and traction control, wheelie control, change maps on the fly would be cool, hey I can dream at least.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Y'all are forgetting HONDAs main market...

THere is something about a honda that makes it a honda...not like any other bike.

I would be willing to bet that everyone on here could take the honda around the track just as fast as a zx10. Also, if you bumped the compression of a honda up to what the 10r is...there would definatly be some HP gains.

Then strip all the steet stuff off and you have a bike that is very comperable to the 10.

All my point is, is that Honda makes an easy to ride and go fast doscile bike...I say that in jest...if you rode the new RR 5 years ago you wouldn't have known what to do.

So in other words...you have guys like us who want to feel the acceleration...be able to say we have the fastest bike...bla bla bla...but the Honda aint no slouch...just doesn't quite come from the factory as mean as the 10 does...

wow...what a ramble...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Cryptoman said:
I haven't seen anything yet that I would give up my '05 titanium for. Honda is so retarded. They still haven't given people what they want in the VFR (1000+ cc). The CBR1000RR should please the tasty nuts blingers with the way they've exposed all of the case bolts.

The R6 is kinda nice, but I don't care for the bodywork. They took the "leaping tiger" analogy a bit too far IMHO. The most interesting thing to emerge so far is the FZ1. It has the current-generation R1 motor, an aluminum frame, fuel injection and all-day comfort. It would make a great hyper touring bike. I wonder if Kawi will update the ZRX and/or Z1000.

What I'm really waiting for is a ZX-12R with an injection of ZX-10R technology.
Do ya think Kawasaki would ever go my route?

Think of it as a Z1000R :badteeth:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
hillcountry10r said:

THere is something about a honda that makes it a honda...not like any other bike.

I would be willing to bet that everyone on here could take the honda around the track just as fast as a zx10. Also, if you bumped the compression of a honda up to what the 10r is...there would definatly be some HP gains.

Then strip all the steet stuff off and you have a bike that is very comperable to the 10.

All my point is, is that Honda makes an easy to ride and go fast doscile bike...I say that in jest...if you rode the new RR 5 years ago you wouldn't have known what to do.

So in other words...you have guys like us who want to feel the acceleration...be able to say we have the fastest bike...bla bla bla...but the Honda aint no slouch...just doesn't quite come from the factory as mean as the 10 does...

May be a ramble but its true...

The Blade has outsold the 10r here in Oz, the UK, most probably Europe and the USA.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
hillcountry10r said:

come up for air will ya. :mrgreen:

BD

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I do have to agree with the above about Honda not being a slouch....plus they're easier to ride, easier to ride hard...and from what I've heard, they're built like a stone fort...reliable!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts