Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that I need to have my own map made, but I won't be able to have time until November.

I have an 06 with a Muzzy M10 system and a stock filter.

There is a map on dj's website that is for my set up. I emailed Muzzy as well and they sent me a map too. I told them my elevation, but I am sure that it didn't matter to them.

My dilemma is that when using the map compare tool, the maps are very different. The Muzzy map has many more changes and to a greater degree.

I can post them both if someone else wants to compare.

I realize that I can just try them both, but I was looking for some advice.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i'd use the one that stay's tighter to the 0 line in the map compare funtion!then if it smells fuel'y/rich on idle then i'd use it as a base map but take two off of every number in every box,so it mirror's the same line but a little leaner(obviously save it under a differant name to keep the base map safe)i have a 2nd gen and had a custom map?(full akro.bmc filter ect)and it was way rich?i bought myself a wideband lambda kit,and used my custom map as a base and done -5 off of every digit in every box.ie=if it said 8 i would put 3,if it said -7 i would put -12 and so on..i ended up taking -20 at 1000rpm,-18 at 1250rpm at 0% trottle to get my air/fuel ratio down to 14.7 on idle!and that was after a custom map..if it was me i would get yourself a wideband lambda kit (dynojet wideband 2 and lcd 100)to see what the changes have done,and then do as above..if you got the money its the way to go.:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts