Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about doing a thing head gasket on my 08. Stock motor, pump gas bike. I may add a race intake cam before installing it.

Which do I need? .45, .5, .55, .60mm????

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I've been wondering if the .45 head gasket offers enough piston valve clearance on the '08 as they run a higher compression ratio than the previous ZX-10R's.

The kit intake cam has the same lift as stock ('08) but 4 degrees more duration. I doubt we'll see big increases with this cam compared to the previous generation's kit cam.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been wondering if the .45 head gasket offers enough piston valve clearance on the '08 as they run a higher compression ratio than the previous ZX-10R's.

The kit intake cam has the same lift as stock ('08) but 4 degrees more duration. I doubt we'll see big increases with this cam compared to the previous generation's kit cam.

Hmmm, I definitely don't want piston/valve clearance problems. However if Garth runs 13:1 on his 2mil pistons with the .45 gasket I should be fine I would reckon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.