Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im in the middle of a budget motor build, so far i have gotten a complete vavle job with a slight mill, wossner 13:7.1 stock bore pistons, stock connecting rods ,lighten and balanced crankshaft, 08 race intake cam and 06 stock exhaust cam.

Now in the process of putting the motor together and double/triple checking everything, i noticed that the 06 stock exhaust cam had a lobe that was slightly damaged,which would effect my lift. ( i brought this used cam off ebay for about $65 ). So now that i have to buy a new one, im trying to decide if its worth buying another exhaust cam or should i just use my 08 stock exhaust cam and degree them. Which combo do yall think would be better.

1. 08 race intake cam / 08 stock exhaust cam

OR

2. 08 race intake cam / 04-07 stock exhaust cam

( and just so yall know i have looked everywhere for the 08-10 race exhaust cam, it is discontinued. )

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ok so im in the middle of a budget motor build, so far i have gotten a complete vavle job with a slight mill, wossner 13:7.1 stock bore pistons, stock connecting rods ,lighten and balanced crankshaft, 08 race intake cam and 06 stock exhaust cam.

Now in the process of putting the motor together and double/triple checking everything, i noticed that the 06 stock exhaust cam had a lobe that was slightly damaged,which would effect my lift. ( i brought this used cam off ebay for about $65 ). So now that i have to buy a new one, im trying to decide if its worth buying another exhaust cam or should i just use my 08 stock exhaust cam and degree them. Which combo do yall think would be better.

1. 08 race intake cam / 08 stock exhaust cam

OR

2. 08 race intake cam / 04-07 stock exhaust cam

( and just so yall know i have looked everywhere for the 08-10 race exhaust cam, it is discontinued. )
I thoght this 08-10 race exhaust cam was the same part # as the 06-07 stock exhaust cam? Seems like you had the right exhaust cam, but it was damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.