Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. as ever i am after plunderring this site for some info from the knowledgeable people out there.

i am doing track days here in new zealand( beautiful country but everything is sooooo freeking expensive here)

can people reccomend a brand of warmers i should be looking at?
im moving up the groups in the track days and , well following the advice from everyone i have spoken too, i am now moving onto track biased tryres and looking for warmers too

thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
go with the chicken hawk you don't need the fancy digital ones much of a pain in the ass. i race at a fairly high level and i just use the 3 position ones and lot tougher.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I use Capit's - same brand as some of the MotoGP riders use.

Plus they come with a 3 year warranty!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I use Capit's - same brand as some of the MotoGP riders use.

Plus they come with a 3 year warranty!
:+1: I also run Capit's. They have the best tech available in warmers today.

Do not run the warmers from that ebay site above, they are made by a particular company then rebranded by whichever on seller has stuck there brand on it on that particular day.
There is a known problem with the digital ones, so much so that when you do send them back they will send you non digital ones in return. I am pretty sure La corsa, Kaneg and those Moto GP ones and more are all the same.
Those three warmers are known for malfunctioning temp units and the elements are known for burning holes in tires if and when they do work they do not warm tires evenly.

Note how all the ones in the pics look the same...

If you buy cheap you get cheap!

The Chicken Hawk's, Woodcraft's or Sportsbike warmers are all good cheaper options than the Capits or Bandits and all of those will actualy work. If you want the best buy Capit, next in line to me would be the Bandits, again used in GP and WSBK Both have varied levels of warmers in terms of price and features and no you don't need digital ones. I run the Capit Maxima's, read up on them if you like http://www.capit.it/eng/accessoristica.aspx

Google every brand before you buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
once again you guys have come up with the goods in terms of excellent info and advice. thanks .

if anyone wants to know anything about the guitar or music theory.fire away!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I had bickle warmers. The rear shorted out and is burning after 2 years of use

Onto a set of woodcrafts. I like them more.

Keep in mind when storing tire warmers to let them fully cool before packing them. And do not roll them tight. Loosely wrap them and store in a plastic hard case or rubber maid where they won't be crushed. Improper storage is the main reason people burn up warmers in a year or two.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Woodcraft dual temps for me, I love the blanket feature that keeps wind off the inside of the rim as well... They have the disconnect cord so when you pull them off the tire you have to unplug that and thus they don't get burnt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts