Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at work and remember hearing it on the radio... I stopped production for a moment only to get reprimanded by my then boss... Started production again when I heard about the 2nd hit... Sad to say, I was in complete shock but my asshole boss still made me continue working... Lost 2 friends... just speechless and filled with rage that I had to continue on like nothing happened!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i was a junior in HS. i remember thinking that it looked fake

·
Registered
279 Posts
the drive thru at dunkin doughnuts on the way to work

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was also at work and heard it on the radio. We didn't get anything done that day, it was like it was unreal. I'll never forget what happened and I hope no one does.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I was in college, and had just gotten out of the Navy. I was still eligible for recall, so any turmoil kind of made me nervous. I woke up and saw I had a voicemail from my mom that said "I just wanted to say I love you." She always got mushy on me whenever tension would kick up in Iraq, so I figured it was another one of those stories. I turned on CNN just in time to see the 2nd plane hit, live. It was chilling.

Classes that day were VERY somber.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i was a junior in HS. i remember thinking that it looked fake
+1. I remember thinking it was a hoax for at least an hour. Things like that "just couldn't happen". I figured it was edited video or something....maybe some elaborate sales pitch for a new movie.

Class went on mostly as normal, and we had football practice that day. Nobody in school really spoke about it, we were mostly shielded from it. I don't think it sunk in until I got home and actually saw some real news and actual footage about it.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It's amazing how everyone remembers where and what they were doing that very moment. I was at work listening to my radio when I heard it.

RIP

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I was on my third year in the Army and we were doing inspections on our equipment (gettting ready to go to the field and train)...I just remember how horrified I was that something like this could happen here.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,014 Posts
I was on a flight from Tampa to LAX that was over the Gulf of Mexico. Didn't know what was going on, but the pilot was ordered to land immediately at the nearest airport which was San Antonio, TX. No one on the flight knew anything until we got off the plane and saw everyone in the terminal crowded around the TV in the bar area. I watched the second plane hit the WTC shortly after we landed. Very surreal moment.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i was also a junor in high school. i was in history class (ironic). the teachers were told not to turn on the tvs but being a history teacher, my prof said f that, and we were able to sit there and watch the news for the rest of the class at least.

·
Registered
162 Posts
chemistry class during my junior year in highschool also. we had a test that day and we still had to take it. we watched the tv for a few minutes then took the test then watched the tv for pretty much the rest of the day in all my other classes.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
it's amazing how everyone remembers where and what they were doing that very moment. I was at work listening to my radio when i heard it.

Rip
:+1:

Rip

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
1st. @ work, phone ring..no, no, WTF..your lieing..Others clocking in with looks of lost and they ask If I heard 1 by 1..I ran up to the conference room and saw the horror..I got chills running down my body and goose bumps everywhere...for a split sec. I was thinking "someone is going to die for this".

·
Registered
757 Posts
1st year of college, a girl came into to class late and told everyone. We all took off and i watched the chaos on the big screen back at the dorms.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It was such a nice day (weather) up here in Canada, no cloud in the sky...
I was getting to my French class when I heard about it for the first time. A friend of mine was running at us telling us tha one of the twin towers was already down! I couldn't beleived it at this moment...

I remember all classes being canceld and every sigle person rushed to a TV or Radio at School.

I did run to the outside to see by myself if all that was true.... I still can feel what I felt that day when I saw no F***** planes in the sky.

I just can't imagine how intense it was near ground zero

1 - 20 of 68 Posts