Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

I am fixing up a 2005 ZX10r, it's been in a crash and I've been repairing and replacing a bunch of stuff on it. I'm on the final stretch with the electrical and mechanical stuff and I'm trying to wrap this up quickly so I can get riding it and work on the cosmetic issues. Anyway, the wiring harness might be an issue in a day or two. I've been a bit busy repairing frayed wires and working out where there are shorts and disconnects and I'm 99% of the way done, but I don't know where to throw all the wires. Someone attempted to fix this bike before me and made a mess of things so I'm not sure where everything goes. I'm converting the bike into more of a naked look and I'm not sure where to throw the wiring harness when I reassemble everything.

Does anyone have any pictures of where their wiring harness is on their bike? Bonus points if the wiring harness can't be seen when the bike has no fairings on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
In case you haven't seen it already there is a workshop manual available here: http://volksdragon.net/dusk/04-05 ZX10R Service Manual.pdf

The pdf isn't bookmarked for chapters, so the wiring diagrams begin on page 565 although they are a bit hard to follow.
If there's a particular spot that's giving you much grief let me know and I'll get some pics as I'm planning on taking some fairings off soon (My ram-air duct keeps falling forward out of the frame for some annoying reason...)

Much of it seems to run down from the steering stem and down along the left side of the frame under the airbox. My '04 has all sorts of wiring issues due to fatigued wires and dodgy mods so I'll be in your shoes eventually replacing basically all the copper...

goodluck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my engine out and i am happy to take pics if you need help :)
If you still have yours apart, all I really need is a few pictures at different angles of where your wiring harness goes. Currently it's kinda just thrown in there but I'd like to make sure it's in the right place.

Also, by chance, do you have any experience troubleshooting the speed sensor? Mine was throwing out an error and I replaced it, still nothing. There was a broken ground wire inside the harness that I found and fixed, still nothing. Anything special I have to do? Or is it more likely that a wire is broken inside somewhere else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you still have yours apart, all I really need is a few pictures at different angles of where your wiring harness goes. Currently it's kinda just thrown in there but I'd like to make sure it's in the right place.

Also, by chance, do you have any experience troubleshooting the speed sensor? Mine was throwing out an error and I replaced it, still nothing. There was a broken ground wire inside the harness that I found and fixed, still nothing. Anything special I have to do? Or is it more likely that a wire is broken inside somewhere else?
Hello,
not sure about the speed sensor as i removed it. This is due to me removing the sprocket cover as mine is a track bike only. I am taking a few pics now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts