Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's the deal...

As I am in Canada, I can't get the race parts at my dealership :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

I want to know where is the best place to order one with the PC cable and anything else that I need to use it...

I would also like to find the 08 kit ecu manual to read about it before buying...

thank you guys :thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
You should just wait a few months, the company Guhl Motors is going to have a flashing cable for more than half the cost of a kit ECU and you can do the same thing!

Otherwise find a used one if you can, keep a close eye on these forums the Wera forums and ebay

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you say a flashing cable, does it mean that I only will hate to buy the cable and I will reprogram my stock ECU or should I still buy the Kit ecu?

My problem is that I can't buy one in Canada from the dealer...

Also, I would like to know how the traction control behave? is it an adjustable KIMS or is it mor thant that?

For those who tried and tuned it, can you please give me a review on that... is it better than a bazza zfi-tc unit?

thanks

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you would reflash your stock ECU and tune the bike right from the ECU.

I honestly dont know much about the 08-10 traction control set ups though

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup, you will be able to change the same stuff as the kit ecu can
and do you have any idea of how much they will ask for such a thing? Will I be provided with all the goods to do it myself at home?

I'm kindda excited now :mrgreen:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I got a ball park figure of the tuning cable set up to be around $550.

you can also send them your ECU and for $375 they will flash it now and they can do that now, the cable will be ready shortly and if you do pay them to flash you ECU when the cable comes out and you want to buy one they will give you a good discount on it so your not paying twice for the same thing kinda deal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
and do you have any idea of how much they will ask for such a thing? Will I be provided with all the goods to do it myself at home?

I'm kindda excited now :mrgreen:
The race ecu conversion is ready right now. Comes with cable, software and a reflash. Same specs as the factory race ecu, but a far better map preloaded.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The race ecu conversion is ready right now. Comes with cable, software and a reflash. Same specs as the factory race ecu, but a far better map preloaded.

:thumbsup:
ok, I feel like a young boy the night before Christmas...

can you pm me all the info you have or send me a pdf, screen shot of the software, software manual I'm just to curious right now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
946 Posts
I got a ball park figure of the tuning cable set up to be around $550.

you can also send them your ECU and for $375 they will flash it now and they can do that now, the cable will be ready shortly and if you do pay them to flash you ECU when the cable comes out and you want to buy one they will give you a good discount on it so your not paying twice for the same thing kinda deal.

Can't ask for a better deal really.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
this is bad ass. just cant wait till they get the gen 4 one up and running. waiting on garth to announce that one :)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
OK how about now.... lol..... yep the 2011's ecu is hacked already ;-) those guys at Guhl Motors sure know what they are doin

·
Registered
184 Posts
what is better option to make the most power for a 3ed gen?.....pcv?....ecu reflash?....ecu cable? or a race ecu conversion

·
Registered
206 Posts
anyone :bump::bump::bump:
depends on what you want to do with the bike. If you just track the bike or ride on the street for sport, you going to be great with a simple reflash. However if your a serious track/race rider, and you need to adjust for track conditions, then get the race conversion.

·
Registered
184 Posts
depends on what you want to do with the bike. If you just track the bike or ride on the street for sport, you going to be great with a simple reflash. However if your a serious track/race rider, and you need to adjust for track conditions, then get the race conversion.
do u think the race conversion will make more power then a pcv?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
OK how about now.... lol..... yep the 2011's ecu is hacked already ;-) those guys at Guhl Motors sure know what they are doin
Dam when did they get it? How long till you post a video with this and the new motor?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts