Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to buy Spray on Window Tint? I found some on Ebay, but I'd like to buy some in a store if possible because Ebay can be a hassle sometimes. I checked Kragen, Autozone, and Pep Boys and they don't carry the stuff. I want to tint my turn signals so they appear black like my bike until they light up!:badteeth:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I ordered mine through O'rielly's Auto Parts. But it is a hassle to make it look even on the lens. I was trying to tint my girlfriends marker lights on her maxima and finally said f*** it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Try spraying it on the inside of the lens ? the inside of the lens should be smooth so the tint will apply more evenly

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Did all the lights on my old Audi quattro with spray on tint , looked real stealthy , all though I did get in trouble with the law.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mustard: I actually ordered some VHT Nite Shade, which is what most people use I heard. However, their website says NOT to spray it on the inside, only on the outside of the lens. The "Nite Shade" stuff is more like spray paint so it doesn't need to run down like their standard spray tint, you just spray a few even coats and if desired a clear coat to protect it and achieve the shiny effect.

FAF: Did you have to buy new lenses after the cops harassed you? I saw a guy on kawiforums spray his taillight and front signals black on a black bike and it looked real clean. 90% of the stuff on our bikes is illegal anyway, so I figure what the heck :badteeth:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
On a car its more noticeable, but you would get away with it on a bike as 9 times out of ten they are only pulling you for speeding anyway.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
FAF said:
On a car its more noticeable, but you would get away with it on a bike as 9 times out of ten they are only pulling you for speeding anyway.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :spit: How true.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
FAF said:
true, but that would be another thing to add to the list of shit done wrong

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it, if you spray the inide of the lenses it looks stock , just tell em thats the way they come from the factory.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wonder why it says not to spray on the inside? only thing i can think of is the heat generated by a bulb?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts