Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are people buying slicks, west coast?

No track side vendor where I ride.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
You could contact ESP in Tucson, he should at least be able to point you in the right direction.

When I was trackday/racing down at Arroyo Seco, Roger did tire duty. Demming might be a bit far for you, but people from Phoenix did come down there to race quite a bit once upon a time.

I'm interested on vendors too though... may need a set for the land speed bike here soon....

·
Registered
18 Posts
try motorhelmets in fullerton, ca. they stock the and i think they ship too. call the shop location (714), not the other number.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sportbike Track Gear, here in MI, has unbeatable prices out here and the shipping isn't bad at all. I think buying tires qualified for free shipping anyways.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...

Didn't realize would be such slim pickings on a retail side for slicks.

Looking for selection, price and availability.

Would be nice to have one retailer that carried or could get or drop ship Pirelli, Michelin, Dunlop, Bridgestone, Metzler

Even looked at ordering from Europe, there are stores in Europe the carry all the brands, multiple compounds, in stock and 2-3 day shipping $80-$90 for a set ends up at same price vs buying in US. Still looking into this option.

Here's what I kinda found so far, will make some calls to the suggested names above and also some other places that I can think of.

Dunlop

Race Tire Service, DUNLOP RACING TIRES

Pirelli

https://solperformance.com/collections/new-race-tires

Michelin

https://www.sportbiketireservice.com/index.php?_route_=power-slick-evo-front

Sportbike Track Gear

Carries Michelin and Pirelli, but.... Can not ship Pirelli west of the Mississippi
and pretty much completely out of stock on Michelins

I'll keep looking around, I'm sure there's somebody out there.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
This is interesting to me as i dont ride track, havent had the chance yet. Are you saying that you cant find a slick track tire anywhere?? Im confused, where are the track guys getting them?? Im assuming you need to attend a track day to buy them??
Im not sure if im helping here with what you want but the only other person who touches my bike besides me is Reuben F. Former Schwantz instructor, former WERA racer, hell of a mechanic/knows his shit, great guy in general, good prices, etc...

Dude keeps stuff in stock or can get stuff. His shop makes even local d-ships look wimpy. Try my buddy @ 35 Motorsports | Motorcycle engine, suspension, street service, supersport & superstock engine builds ???

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re you saying that you cant find a slick track tire anywhere??
No, didn't say anywhere. Just "all" the normal places you would buy tires from don't carry them and very few places do.

After a week of searching around I've only found a couple of places.

I'm on the path now of a guy who knows a guy.

where are the track guys getting them??
Exactly! Reason for the post.

Im assuming you need to attend a track day to buy them??
Some track day org's have track side tire vendors, who usually only
carry 1 brand. Where I ride there's no tire vendor.

I've been told by tire people they don't carry them because not big sellers,
multiple compounds, date codes, etc.

The lack of availability/competition will also mean less discounting.

I don't even race and at around $420 a set I'll go through at least 3 to 4 sets
for the season.

Still looking and contacting some people. So far found 3 places for Pirellis, 1 for Dunlops, 1 for michelins and 1 guy the can order in Bridgestones,

Need to track down regional reps of each tire.

Good enough to get going, but was wondering where people where getting
their tires.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Island Racing in Galveston has Michelin. Not the best pricing, but they are honest, have current inventory and ship daily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts