Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new engine for my 2018 ZX10R - pic attached should explain most of it.

Where do source a new engine for this?

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Your best bet is eBay man. If there's nothing on there then you'll have to either contact Kawi directly or talk to someone at a dealer. I'm going to bet their around 4-5K new.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh...ebay didn't have any for what I believe would be 2017 - 2018. I guess I will have to contact the one local junkyard I know or just keep an eye out as people wreck them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was crash related. I guess if I fixed up the somewhat minor damage I could try and play it off as a catastrophic engine failure, but I doubt it would work.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Oh! You can also check the local impound yards. When I went to get my Gen5 was a good looking 2015 Gen4. I asked about it and the owner said, "that's been sitting here for about 6-7 months unclaimed, it will probably go up for auction in a bit". Apparently they pick up stolen and salvaged bikes all the time, and I would imagine Cali impounds are LOADED with good stuff. Check there or check out some police auctions where the bikes are sold.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this stupid site, logs me out every few minutes....

so I'll post a short recap of a longer post

I don't know how it happened. I believe the engine didn't shutoff after the crash and ran "without" oil. I had a daytona 675 before this and I put 50K miles on it, but I have less than 2 years riding experience. When I got a full coverage quote, it was $4700 a year and I paid $11,500 out the door for this bike brand new

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
this stupid site, logs me out every few minutes....

so I'll post a short recap of a longer post

I don't know how it happened. I believe the engine didn't shutoff after the crash and ran "without" oil. I had a daytona 675 before this and I put 50K miles on it, but I have less than 2 years riding experience. When I got a full coverage quote, it was $4700 a year and I paid $11,500 out the door for this bike brand new
I had a feeling that's what happened. I still say warranty. The tip-over sensor should have prevented this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts