Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the story... I removed all my blue fairings and painted them black. After 6 hours of reinstallation (i'm secure enough with myself to admit this), the frieken tach doesn't work... at all. No power to the instrument cluster. I figured I unplugged something in the process and didn't put it back.

Here is a picture of the mystery connector. Where does it go and do i need to take off everything again to connect it? :dontknow: (and for you funny guys, no i am not a hand model)

Also enclosed some pictures on how the bike looks.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
instru. panel

that plugs into the back of the gauges. i hope that helps!!!! :fu2: :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Bike looks nice in black. Now, don't scratch those freshly painted panels taking them back off to plug that connector up. :wink:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bulletr1 said:
that plugs into the back of the gauges. i hope that helps!!!! :fu2: :eek:ccasion1
I figured that, but for some strange/dumb reason I can't see it. What I'm really trying to do is save myself from having to tear everything off again so if someone can tell me the specific location on when it should be, i'd appreciate that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
El Diablo said:
Bike looks nice in black. Now, don't scratch those freshly painted panels taking them back off to plug that connector up. :wink:
Thanks! do you think i can plug it in with the fairngs on?

·
Registered
370 Posts
gauge panel

To be safe take off the nose it's right there. Don't want to crack any plastics or crack the paint. That's if you cant see after you remove the windscreen.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
projekZERO said:
take the windscreen off if u cant see it or feel it, that should be enough to give u the access u need

Thanks guys the windsceen removal did the trick. After a long day, that tach lighting up put a smile on my face. i need it especially after scratching the inside of my puig db reinstalling the screen!

BTW: for anyone wanting to repaint, i would suggest against... de and re the fairings a few times makes the paint chip around the screws...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
bike looks good what do u think of your race fit slip on is it loud? :hello:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jayrc30 said:
bike looks good what do u think of your race fit slip on is it loud? :hello:
Thanks. I love the sound and noise isn't too bad. I actually expected louder but its definately muffled from an open pipe. Comparison wise, its loud as my 7r with a muzzy full system with well used packing. Boy is it ever expensive though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts