Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Good luck with that, most places will have to order them, its usually a consciderable wait too. Just the way it is on the big ticket items, parts houses can not economically stock items like that due to the chance of not selling them taking a huge loss.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Good luck with that, most places will have to order them, its usually a considerable wait too. Just the way it is on the big ticket items, parts houses can not economically stock items like that due to the chance of not selling them taking a huge loss.
i may know a place here in town that possibly carry them....ill check it out on my way home from school....and report back to you....

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
9r to 10r
Good luck with that, most places will have to order them, its usually a consciderable wait too. Just the way it is on the big ticket items, parts houses can not economically stock items like that due to the chance of not selling them taking a huge loss.

Couldn't agree more^^^ I doubt you will ever find anyone...

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
No, there an expensive item ha ha....^^^

I sometimes laugh when I see them on the street though, there's really no place of business for these wheels to be on the street in less your saying I have money and I like to look. (in less your at the track all the time it's a waste)...Heck I could even see them over time maybe cracking or something from street use 24/7 cause they weren't designed for some of the stuff like speed bumps, curbs and all the bs that goes along with the street...

·
Registered
312 Posts
WOW...Thank's Dr. KillJoy :crackup:

I sometimes laugh when I see them on the street though, there's really no place of business for these wheels to be on the street in less your saying I have money and I like to look. (in less your at the track all the time it's a waste)...Heck I could even see them over time maybe cracking or something from street use 24/7 cause they weren't designed for some of the stuff like speed bumps, curbs and all the bs that goes along with the street...

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts

Obviously stated by someone that does not have a set of Marchesinis. So do you think custom rims on cars actaully have no place on the cars either:dontknow:

:bs: Marchesinis are DOT approved and should be way stronger and more robust than your "save money at all cost" cast alluminum OEM wheels. Even their forged Magnesium wheels are DOT approved.
And how fast are you planning on railing over speed bumps and curbs, I am assuming you would slow down for road obstructions, I know I would.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Obviously stated by someone that does not have a set of Marchesinis. So do you think custom rims on cars actaully have no place on the cars either:dontknow:

:bs: Marchesinis are DOT approved and should be way stronger and more robust than your "save money at all cost" cast alluminum OEM wheels. Even their forged Magnesium wheels are DOT approved.
And how fast are you planning on railing over speed bumps and curbs, I am assuming you would slow down for road obstructions, I know I would.
Idn'it the experts that always post up!! Way to set em straight man.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts

ooooooh!!! oh no you didnt:) lol

great idea Nick.INF :popcorn: this is gonna be good!! hahaha:lol::lol:

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Well believe it or not (if not research it yourself) a DOT stamp on a wheel means little.

Its not like you have to send an example wheel to DOT, who tests it, approves it and returns it. NONE OF THAT HAPPENS!

Basically DOT has an "honor system" where someone states the wheel meets DOT written standards, then the company making the wheel puts the DOT stamp on it.

I could myself make some wheels in my basement and stamp DOT on them and its a DOT legal wheel. Think about it.

In FACT right before Durrani shut down forever a few weeks ago thats exactly what they were doing. In a last ditch effort after their factory was closed on them due to debt, they were actually working out of the mans basement trying to make some wheels. No kiddin. Durrani are now kaput!!!

Pretty much the same with JWL stampings as DOT.

TUV standards are somewhat different as they actually test the wheel in a certified facility. BST Carbon wheels are "sort of" TUV approved. Notice I said sort of.

Thats because every model would have to have its wheels tested so BST sent 1 example of each design and the liter sport bike wheel submitted for testing was a GSXR1000 wheel which passed with 0 problems. None of the Kawasaki wheels were TUV certified but since they are basically the same wheel, it is just as good on paper. BST only certified 1 of each design due to the high cost of TUV certification.

Confederate Cycles in Louisiana sells a DOT street legal motorcycle with BST Carbon Wheels as OEM standard so BST wheels must be good.

I know of NO Magnesium wheel with a DOT stamp on it, though there may be.

I personally would have no issues running any aftermarket wheel that was NEW and I knew the history on.

·
Registered
629 Posts
To get slightly back on track (no pun intended) the forged aluminum is stronger than a cast aluminum equivalent. Marchesini's are also fully machined and are subject to fewer imperfections and casting anomalies in density that cause vibration.

The Marchesini Kompe forged aluminum 10 spokes are actually marketed not as race wheels, but as street wheels designed for rough roads. A dangerous and liability strewn statement unless you were absolutely certain as a company that your wheels were stronger than stock.

I personally wouldn't roll with magnesium wheels on the street not because I don't think they wouldn't take a pounding well, but because magnesium "alters" over time (years) where the material may become more brittle and prone to stress fractures.

Unless the wheel design is seriously messed up, forged aluminum is always stronger than cast, like castings in OEM wheels.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Uglee??????????:dontknow::dontknow::lol::lol::lol:
How is that uglee? Why? because it's different from the norm.
That wheel is SICK!!! (meaning totally gp lookin'- Very nice).

To bad it's only in Magnesium, $$$ "Not gonna do it" (George Bush Sr. voice)
How long until the Forged alum. our available?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.