Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a cheap 05 ZX10r for restoration. The big issue being the bike suffered from a frame crack. While replacing the frame I noticed a weird looking electrical plug. I dont know where it goes and how it affects the bike?

If you can help me out with that, AWESOME; however, I do have a bigger issue at hand. The bike was starting and driving fine at one point, but right before I started taking it apart to replace the frame, I noticed it was not starting. It would always fuel prime, but It stopped doing that when I turned the key. The engine cranks even without a prime, but it won't turn over and get going. Advice on this would help. I have read it could be a fuel pump problem, or an ignition wiring issue? I bought a new battery, placed that in the bike and still nothing. Just cranking, no prime. Much appreciation to those willing to help. All lights and such come on. Could the battery I bought not give suffient power even new? Would if I hooked jumper cables up to it? (I may post a seperate thread about this.)

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks like a stock rear brake switch but I never had a Gen 1.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure that's the rear brake light switch. Pull the pin with the cross hole in it and the brake light should go on.

For your starting issue, what you're describing sounds to me like a fuel pump issue. Start checking for power to the pump, and work your way back. See 3-105 in the service manual for testing. The gen 1 fuel pumps can be a little finicky. I had a slightly different problem with mine. It was working mostly fine and flow tested fine, but I was pretty sure that it was my problem, and sure enough, I was right.

-kelly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to let everyone one, The bike wasn't fuel priming because I had a faulty tip over switch. Afterwards, the bike would prime but not start. I solved this issue by removing the faulty power commander. Thank for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts