Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've got a power commander under the rear seat, my hat doesn't fit anymore. I'm not really into a tankbag or big tail bag, so what's everybody else doing? Anybody make a small tail bag that doesn't stand out too much and I could fit a hat in? :dontknow:

·
Banned
363 Posts
I stick mine right next to my guage, it fits with the bill kind of folded in half facing you in between the guage and your brake cable. It's like it's made to fit there, never flew out in 2 years, 6000mi. and 178MPH!! I hope you can get where I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I stick mine right next to my guage, it fits with the bill kind of folded in half facing you in between the guage and your brake cable. It's like it's made to fit there, never flew out in 2 years, 6000mi. and 178MPH!! I hope you can get where I'm talking about.
:+1: I think I do the same thing..........The place I'm talking about is in between the gages and the windscreen with the bill of the hat pointing out towards you.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
:+1: I think I do the same thing..........The place I'm talking about is in between the gages and the windscreen with the bill of the hat pointing out towards you.
I'm gonna have to try that, I have the double bubble so there should be plenty of room up there...thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Get a beanie; try not wearing a hat; put it in your jacket; get a solo seat and fit it in above the frame/lock mech; sit on it; clip elastic to the cap and wear it behind your head...

I'll try and think of some more silly ones later. See, you're riding a ZX10, you don't need anything else to make you loko cool.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I wear one of those Icon chest/back protectors, you can slip the bill of your cap up under the chest protector, so that the cap is kind of laying on your stomach. Can't even tell it's there when you are riding.

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
tuck the bill of the cap in the back of your pants, it keeps the bill from getting messed up. Used this all the time with my cap when wearing BDU's.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
tank bag.

i used to put my wallet, cell phone and hat all in the tail section.... until one day i nearly lost my wallet. somehow it ended up down inside the tail fairing..

i just have a small joe rocket tank bag, works great when your 1 piece suit has no pockets... carry a map, bottle of water, wallet, cell, etc etc...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
tank bag.

i used to put my wallet, cell phone and hat all in the tail section.... until one day i nearly lost my wallet. somehow it ended up down inside the tail fairing..

i just have a small joe rocket tank bag, works great when your 1 piece suit has no pockets... carry a map, bottle of water, wallet, cell, etc etc...
I always keep my cell phone in my jacket or pants pocket.............if I am ever thrown from the bike and laying in a ditch somewhere I want my phone as close as possible. Not very practical if you are wearing a one piece though.....

·
Banned
363 Posts
No, it's right next to the guages. left side of hat on the guages, right side and top touching the brake cable crossing from right to left just behind your guages. So with the hat facing you and the back of the hat tucked in like they do on the store shelf, the back rests on the ram air box and keeps it from sliding through. I hope I explained good this time, it's kinda hard to explain, it works though. I'll take a pic in a minute.
I'm gonna have to try that, I have the double bubble so there should be plenty of room up there...thanks for the idea.

·
Banned
363 Posts
:iamwithst Sorry guys I must of inhaled a little too much lighter fluid the past couple days or something, its the clutch cable, triple, and resivior!

This'll explain more than my brain......someone punch me in the Head:suicide:
It tucks in a little nicer than that but my shed was pitch black but, like I said 178MPH!
I've been eating perks for my broken ribs too!
hat.jpg

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I don't chose one of my stiffer fabric hats when I go riding, I have a couple that are very complient. The one from Mags Bags, the lady that custom made a tail bag for the passenger seat spot, is the one getting used now. I just slip it into my jacket front, off to one side (not in the middle, and any conflict with the zipper). My Jacket is race quality, a tiny bit more room than track fit, but not loose in any respect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts