Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed an air shifter on my 04 10r. i have the small tank under the rear seat along with my power commander. i have a small valve stem comming out from under the tail piece behind my tag to where i can just put air in it with a small air tank. it is usually good for about 3 passes. where are you guys putting your air compressor? i cant find anywhere to put it to where it dosent "stick out"

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have you considered converting to a high-pressure CO2 system? There's just no room in the back of these bikes for big low pressure air bottles and on-board compressors... A 9oz. CO2 bottle is good for around ~300 shifts and costs ~$2.50 to fill up.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
mikebar4 said:
could i just buy a bottle and use what i already have or would i have to replace everything?
I know nothing of this drag bike stuff but I bet you could use a paint ball bottle for co2.

Plus if your worried about wieght you can get them in carbon fiber.

Enjoy
Smiley

·
Registered
174 Posts
mikebar4 said:
could i just buy a bottle and use what i already have or would i have to replace everything?
You would need the CO2 bottle, and a regulator (since the pressure in a CO2 bottle is really high). The CO2 bottle and regulator just replaces your existing air tank.

MPS or Spencer Cycle are two places I know of that can hook you up with the parts you need to convert to high pressure.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i installed my compressor yesterday. i took my tool pouch out from under my seat and cut that little plastic piece that stuck up and acted like a divider. my air compressor fitted perfect with still room for my power commander. then i took the top bolt loose from my shock and put my tank between the shock and the engine, zip tied it in and it works like a charm......anyone interested in pics,,,, let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts