Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched by thread name, I searched by CaliSuperbikes. Did it get deleted? Moved? WTF!?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any word?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would a great thread be removed just because they didn't want to be a sponsor? So anybody that makes something for the 10 has to be a site sponsor to post? Sounds like thats getting a little ridiculous. That thread had ALOT of great info for people that were thinking about doing a supercharger.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Why would a great thread be removed just because they didn't want to be a sponsor? So anybody that makes something for the 10 has to be a site sponsor to post? Sounds like thats getting a little ridiculous. That thread had ALOT of great info for people that were thinking about doing a supercharger.
he was out and out advertising his product for profit here for 2 months for FREE wasn't he??? yes he was, so when politely asked if he'd consider supporting the site with sponsorship he had no interest even after a member had purchased a unit from him............... so no the street doesn't run 1 way and thats what was happening and did happen.

in addition Jason/calisuperbikes didn't ask what the yearly fee was, never said lemme think about it for a few days, nothing to lead one to believe he had any interest and pretty much stated as much in his reply PM to me.

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you ban him then?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i'm not sure what the yearly fee is and if i knew its not my place to say, however based upon a few comments between the admins & mods i can asure you its not much considering the exposure one gets.

BD

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I find it funny that the owner of this bike never had much to say about it. That didn't look to me like he was very pleased with the finished product after he got it home and his hands on it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Atleast he offered a discount to forum members. I have a friend who has an atv/dirtbike shop and a small banner on one of the forum sites he is on is something like $2000.

·
2,619 Posts
Personally I didnt mind the Supercharger thread, it was interesting. However, when Cali started offering a 5% discount on his product in a new thread in the Sponsors & Group Buy section, I thought that was pushing it a bit.

As BD mentioned, when Cali was approached, he simply said that he wasnt interested in advertising. Not, "how much" or "thanks for letting me push my products for free thus far". Just, Nah, Im not interested.

I always enjoy reading about new products in development. Bluedevils gear indicator, Cali's supercharger, Champs sliders were all products that were developed on the site.

Champ doesnt sell or push his sliders on the site, plus he was kind enough to give us a full writeup which is in the how to section. BlueDevils product didnt get much beyond his inital order.

While I would like Cali to become a sponsor on the site, he clearly isnt interested.

If someone puts information about the supercharger it isnt a problem, if every 5 posts Calis contact info is posted & pricing, that turns it into an advertisement.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So go through the thread and clean it up. Don't delete it completely. :headshake I would love to have some of the info that was in that thread. I guess I need to keep up on my diary.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I think what the mods did was right and fair to the other sponsors on the site.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts