Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think with the Z1 900 without which we would not have a ZX10R. So lets pay tribute by throwing up the pics of our oldies. I'll start here's my two favorite kids. The H2 born 1969 and the B2 in 1983. By the way. My Z1 in the avatar ran mid 10's standing 1/4 mile, admittedly was a bit warm. Not too shabby for an old girl.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasn't any where near as hot as people thought. Kawasaki 1015 pistons with shortened skirts, balanced and welded crank, ported, and polished head, stock valves and springs, 28MM mic carbs machined out to 31mm with re-cut base groove for slides, re-jetted, k&n air filters, locally (brisbane) engineered 4 into one exhaust (not the pipes seen in the pic). ivan t cams, degree dialled on adjustable sprockets. 14 t front sprocket. Major weight reduction. 10.52 official at Surfer's Paradise international Raceway was best time.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just worked well

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
thats hot for 1971ish.

Hell those bottom ends were used for many, many years after the demise of the Z with great success.

BD

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mach 4 was pretty quick to. Although I never got to race it officially. The guy who owns it now still races it (post classic circuit), or did the last time I heard from him. He was the guy who did most of the work on my Z1. In the pic the Z was just about ready for retirement, had a bigger kit and bored crankcases to take the wasted oversize liners, but it spun the crank (wasn't welded) and the old dollars weren't there to put it all right, so opted for something milder on the rebuild which ended up going like a dog shot up the arse. Had that bike for years

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek:t: Here's another one of my current kids. Different mum but she is gorgeous. 23,000 kilometres on the clock, never dropped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts